Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Piers
Piers
https://battlegroupwargame.forumotion.com

Scenario Das Hexenkessel Empty Re: Scenario Das Hexenkessel

Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:43 pm
So?

Give the Russians 'To the Last Bullet'...

Piers
Piers

Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:14 pm
Because the scenario is from Fall of the Reich and a German Defence only specific scenario in that book.

If you want to use it with others and give them the BR boost... go for it.

Piers
Piers

Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:28 am
Well that's me told!
Gunbird
Gunbird

Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:38 pm
Right, DIe Hexenkessel....

To the last Bullet applies to the Defender. If you use this scenario for any other period/nation , the Defender gets the extra D3 BR. No need to give that any hard thoughts, it just is.

As Warwick and Piers noted in the past, for scenario's like this there is no automatic victory for the defender if there is just a single objective. Which makes perfect sense if you spare a thought, there is no need for a special rule.

Yes, it is a fun and deadly scenario. I'm not sure what rulessystems you played before, but this is a serious tactical challenge. You have no idea where the enemy will focus their forces due to the random selection of the entry point for the reserves, while you have to put yours in the proverbial wagon wheel to cover all sides. Yes, even the side where there is no random entry point. The enemy does not sit still.

Someone played this scenario (except Piers) ? How with balance? I have doubts because defender have all units at beginning and could easily crushed weak attacker forces.

<sigh> Play the scenario. There is no such thing as easily crushing stuff in Battlegroup unless the enemy is doing stupid things. Your defenders will have a hard time as they are bunched up so a prime target for artillery, for instance. If you survive you can assume your forces meet up with you so you can withdraw. If you lose, you will have held up the enemy for a bit so the rest of your army can regroup, and you get a nice shiney medal on your grave or one free trip to a POW camp.

Also, telling the man who has played and tested more scenarios than anyone I know not to comment is.... for real? Rolling Eyes
Acctingman

Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:38 pm
No offense Bohun, but maybe these aren't the rules for you? I get giving feedback, but you seem to question any answer the author/creator's give you? Just saying.......
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum