Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
AntonyO

Clubs / players in South Wales  - Page 3 Empty Re: Clubs / players in South Wales

Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:02 pm
Hi Mike,
Okay, So you'll bring your Brits and I'll continue to bring my Germans. Shall we just bring pretty much what we have and work out forces on the day? If you can bring Mat, trees and maybe roads, I can bring some roads also, I also have hedgerows and a good few buildings as well, French and Dutch.
Ant.
Blackcat66

Clubs / players in South Wales  - Page 3 Empty Re: Clubs / players in South Wales

Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:12 pm
Sounds good, I'll load up the car with everything we might need, Firestorm open at 10.00 on Sundays. Looking forward to giving BG a run out! My email is mike6640@live.co.uk, see you soon.

Mike.
AntonyO

Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:48 pm

Hi Mike,
10:00 it is then! I'll bring as much stuff as I can get in the car also, I've taken the rest of the week off to try and finish a few things as the week after is a bit busy. My email is antony@goakley.com
All the Best,
Antony
AntonyO

Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:09 pm
Hi Mike,
Thanks for two enjoyable games today, we now have some experience of playing BG and I thought it went well(tongue in cheek, wiping the self satisfied smirk off my face) those sacrificial offerings to Fortuna really paid off! Even when the last man of the Falschirmjager squad you had decimated passed his 'beyond the call of duty' die roll and scuttled back into cover.
A really good day.
Antony
Blackcat66

Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:55 pm
It's one of my pleasures in life, making someone else look good at my expense! :-) My Cromwells have learnt not to duke it out with Stugs any more! A good day indeed, not too sure about the burger tho......
Mike.
AntonyO

Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:16 pm
No maybe sandwiches next time! hope they don't charge corkage for your own food! We didn't even look in the shop after, call ourselves wargamers?
Antony
Ieuan Jones

Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:07 pm
Sounds like you two had a good time over the weekend then sorry again that I missed it, Ill be there for the next one.
Did you take any photos or done a AAR for it ?

Ieuan
AntonyO

Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:17 pm
Hi Ieuan,
No sorry we didn't take any pictures as both games were really run throughs of the rules with a lot of referencing to the rule books to make sure we were getting things right. The games mechanics were really starting to become easier as time went on, we didn't really spend a lot of time making up scenarios just more or less meeting engagements, firstly with tanks and then secondly with infantry just running through the principles.
Next time it's mortars/artillery thrown in as well maybe! Panzerfausts caused some consternation initially but when it really counted against a half track speeding down the road it missed Rolling Eyes
Oh, and as many on this forum have said 'You just gotta love a STUG'. Also if you get an infantry section caught in the open trying to move up on an enemy one as I did, it's good night Vienna!

Antony.
Blackcat66

Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:35 pm
Hey Ieuan, really wish I had taken photos,the table looked great! Not so good later on with lots of burning British armour....By the end of the game we were more comfortable with the rules and as Antony, says well be trying indirect fire as well next time.
We haven't arranged a date for the next game yet, be great to see you as and when.
Mike.
Blackcat66

Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:33 am
If anyone is interested in joining us for a game of BG, Antony and myself are gearing up for another bash at Firestorm games Cardiff, provisional dates are either... 29/30th September, or 6/7th of October. Be great if you'd like to pop over and see how easily my Cromwells get knocked out!.
Mike.
AntonyO

Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:03 pm
The Abwehr miss nothing(well apart from Normandy, that huge build up of inflatable tanks, I transgress), they know that 'Fireflies' have been attached to your forces! Shocked Shocked .

Ant.
Ieuan Jones

Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:08 am
Either the 30th or 7th would be fine for me Smile

Ieuan
Blackcat66

Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:16 am
That's good news!,I'll email Antony later to see which date is firming up for him,and then we can think about the game(s) set up. Speak later, Mike. ( My email is mike6640@live.co.uk )

Regards Mike.
Overpromoted
Overpromoted

Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:42 pm
Hi chaps great to hear your first games went well! Work and moving house have taken over here for a while, but I’d love to join you for the  October game. Haven’t got much painted up yet but would be good to see the game in action. Any of you heading to Colours next weekend in Newbury?
Blackcat66

Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:50 pm
Hi, that would be fantastic , you would very welcome!. We really enjoyed the games on Sunday and Firestorm have said we could have a double size table on request,so that we can field larger forces etc. I think we gave enough painted and based to accommodate a number of players so no worries if your stuff is still being worked on.
I can't make colours as I have to work over the weekend
AntonyO

Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:56 pm
Hi,
Always glad to have another player, although we are still working our way through the rules and can't claim to be experts at it yet, so hopefully between us all we can get it all sorted. Unfortunately I am also unable to attend Colours as I have a few things to do at home to keep my wife happy. As I remember you were doing Fireflies and Cromwell's which is what Mike has got, do you have anything you'd like to bring or I'm sure we could get enough together as Mike said above.

If you and Ieuan do intend bringing stuff perhaps we could get a list of what we've got, to get a rough points value and I think Ieuan has Germans like me.

Regards,
Antony
Ieuan Jones

Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:00 am
Good Morning

No sorry I cant make it either due to work :/

Yeah I will get a list together tonight when I get home to see what I got and can bring

Ieuan
Overpromoted
Overpromoted

Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:05 pm
Hi  yes mainly a Cromwell and firefly based force - building has started but not made it to much painting just yet. Good couple of hours at colours, fell in love with Sarissa and Charlie Foxtrot models. Now got a French village to build and paint too! House move is imminent and I’ll have dedicated hobby space - it will be full steam ahead!
Blackcat66

Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:38 pm
Hi, Antony and myself are looking at Sunday 7th October for the next BG game at Firestorm Cardiff. I'm booking a double sized table so anyone who would like to join in would be very welcome.
Regards.
Ieuan Jones

Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:22 am
The 7th is good for me Smile
Ieuan Jones

Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:37 am
Sorry about the delay will get the list over to you tonight of what I got painted up Mike

Ieuan
Blackcat66

Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:09 am
Hi Ieuan, no probs! I think we have enough to have a reasonable size game as is.... we’re still getting to grips with the rules so smaller forces will most probably suit us.
Regards Mike.
Ieuan Jones

Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:13 pm
Yeah that's fine Smile

What books have you got and will be taking with us ?

Ieuan
Blackcat66

Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:18 pm
Have you got an email I can send this to and keep in touch with?
Thanks, Mike.
Ieuan Jones

Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:24 pm
Yeah sorry its

ieuan.m.jones.92@gmail.com

Ieuan
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum