Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Ieuan Jones

Clubs / players in South Wales  Empty Clubs / players in South Wales

Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:53 am
Looking for clubs/players in South Wales area does anyone know any around ?
Blackcat66

Clubs / players in South Wales  Empty Re: Clubs / players in South Wales

Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:08 pm
I'm in Bridgend...... and there's a great club in Coity if you're in the vicinity?
Ieuan Jones

Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:25 pm
I'm in Cwmbran so that's the closest to me so far I know of ...
Blackcat66

Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:35 pm
Hey Ieuan,
If you ever want to have a game of something Firestorm games in Cardiff is central to both of us, their tables are a good size and cheap...and they have a bar!.

AntonyO

Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:02 pm
I'm in Cowbridge, still building a BG force, only have 28mm ACW atm
Blackcat66

Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:47 pm
Cowbridge is down the road from me,! What rules as you using for your ACW?. I'm about half way through my BG forces as well. WSS and ancients in 28mm seem to have taken all my time recently. Is there a club in Cowbridge or close to you that you go to?. My local is Coity but it's Sunday evening's which I'm struggling to get to. If you'd like a meet up for a game of something let me know.
AntonyO

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:45 am
I'm using Brother v's Brother for large skirmishes. There is no club in Cowbridge just been playing very infrequently with friends from Carmarthen and further west.

Ieuan would you be able to get to Firestorm Games I know its still a distance from you but it is fairly middle ground, I have no idea how much they charge for table rental or anything though but split it shouldn't be too bad.

what armies are everyone collecting for BG? I have a mid war German, Fallschirmjager and US Normandy and later in preparation (figures mostly done just awaiting vehicles.
Maybe we could work towards getting two forces done to do battle.

Blackcat66 at the moment I'm absolutely rammed workwise getting ready for a three week holiday but maybe after we can organise something. I actually didn't know of Coity club but as you say Sunday evenings are not great, the Carmarthen guys have been playing a lot of X-wing and Wings of Glory WW1 lately what are the games favoured there, as I have some 28mm late Romans, Barbarians, AWI and 20mm Israeli, Syrian and factions for 'Peace for Galilee including tanks, some technical etc.
Blackcat66

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:07 pm
Hi Antony, I have late war German and Russian for BG, quite happy to get going on another army to enable us to have a BG game later on...ideas?.
The tables at Firestorm are £4 per person, for the whole day,so not an issue cost wise at all. I'm in Norway next week for a holiday but then we could organise a game of something when convenient?
P.S. What scale is your BG stuff ? mine is 15mm ATM but again, happy to collect another scale if it enables a game.

Regards, Mike.

AntonyO

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:28 pm
Hi Mike,
Ah! All mine is 20mm, we could always pit your Russian/German or my US/Fallschirmjager against each other, I have plenty of scenery available for 20mm. Ok will wait until we both are back from vacation and organise something Smile
Overpromoted
Overpromoted

Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:53 pm
I’m not a million miles away, just over the bridge near Bristol. Am building British BG for Early war and Normandy, plus a small German force for Normandy. Happy to make a trip over the bridge for a game.
Blackcat66

Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:44 pm
That would be great! I'll post again when back from holiday and then we arrange a mutually agreeable date for a game, if you've not been to Firestorm games before (I'm assuming that's where we'll play) I can meet you at Magor services and you could follow me there etc.
Bring plenty of cash as the range of goodies available to buy there is astonishing!, they have everything you could think of in stock....
Regards,Mike.

AntonyO

Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:50 pm
Hi,
Seems it's a little bit busy for some in the near future, but when everyone is back and settled we should try and organise something. Overpromoted is your kit 15 or 20mm?

I'm going to try and get some armour/softskins finished for my forces. Blackcat was answering your post at the same time so it would seem Firestorm games may well be the venue. if that's okay with Overpromoted? Just to mention I have never actually played BG Embarassed

Ant.
Blackcat66

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:55 pm
Hey Ant,
Just to mention....Ive been building the forces....and reading the rule book, so we're newbies together
AntonyO

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:58 pm
Well have a Great Holiday and will catch up on your return, or maybe before you go

Ant.
Overpromoted
Overpromoted

Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:38 am
20mm here - I’ve also been reading the books and building forces but haven’t played a full game yet. Have only played elements of it to find out how the rules play, if that makes sense.
nickdives

Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:51 am
And overpromoted, we are just down the road near Yeovil, in 20mm!
Blackcat66

Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:39 am
Seems 20mm is very popular, just wondering why you chaps chose this over 15mm? I haven't got a huge investment in 15mm yet so quite content to tool up again in 20mm to fit in with everyone else.
Blackcat66

Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:52 am
And on the subject of 20mm, has anyone got experience of "AB" figures? Looks to be a very comprehensive range and nice figures.
Overpromoted
Overpromoted

Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:59 am
I’ve gone 20mm purely as it’s what I’d collected before a ‘hobby sabbatical’ of the last 10 or so years. Plus the PSC kits are lovely in 20mm. Haven’t yet picked up any AB figures but planning to - none of the plastics really hit the mark for me. Valiant are lovely but too big. Revell are nice but too limited on poses. PSC and Caesar are standing in for me at the moment.
Overpromoted
Overpromoted

Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:01 am
Speaking of PSC, I put 3 of their Cromwell’s together this morning with my lad for my Normandy brits - they went together very well! Interestingly even though both they and armourfast are 1/72, the PSC are marginally shorter length wise.
nickdives

Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:40 pm
AB figures are superb, best on the market.
AntonyO

Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:45 pm
IMHO AB are pretty much excellent! Adler are pretty close, though a small range atm. Xan miniatures another small but good range.
Ieuan Jones

Sun May 06, 2018 6:56 pm
Hey Guys sorry for the major delay in answering back been very busy since for posting this message was in hospital from the 22nd of last month till 27th with my wife who was in labour with my daughter and they had to be kept in for a while. So for the last week to 10 days been trying to get her and my wife settled in at home etc... so only now caught up with everything now getting to back in to hobby and gaming mode.
But yeah firestorm games in Cardiff sounds like a good place fr us too meet up and get the ball rolling for game.
Army wise i got mainly 20mm and got a big German early and late war force but also got a good size British force as well most are painted it just the figures which are not.
So Antony and Mike when you are back from holidays etc message back and we will sort a day or evening to meet up

Ieuan
AntonyO

Sun May 06, 2018 7:07 pm
Congratulations Ieuan & family!
Yep will have to sort out a date for Firestorm when everything has settled down!
All the Best
Ant.
Blackcat66

Mon May 07, 2018 2:06 pm
Arrived back from holiday today....to find the UK has far better weather than we had abroad,you can't make it up!. Congrats Ieuan, great news. Just to echo Antony, once everyone's available let's take it from there.
Mike.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum