Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Blackcat66

Clubs / players in South Wales  - Page 2 Empty Re: Clubs / players in South Wales

Mon May 28, 2018 5:06 pm
As an update....working furiously on a 20mm scale British motorised infantry platoon, along with tanks,guns,etc Another fortnight will see them all finished, the 15mm stuff is heading towards EBay or the loft,not sure on that yet.
There's a great set of YouTube videos with Warwick Kinrade playing through the rules and outlining various elements in the game, brilliant stuff.
Mike.

Ieuan Jones

Clubs / players in South Wales  - Page 2 Empty Re: Clubs / players in South Wales

Wed May 30, 2018 8:23 am
Great news I am just waiting to get some paints for my German infantry atm but other wise they are all base coated with black as for my vehicles the are pretty much done Smile
Ieuan
AntonyO

Thu May 31, 2018 3:20 pm
My Falschirmjager are complete bar some PAK support, which I am currently working on. Arrived back from holiday yesterday night, so will be back at the workbench.

We will have to decide who's figures we are to use although Germans could get away with a mixture I guess!

Ant.
AntonyO

Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:34 pm
Mike,
Do you know what Firestorm provide, just table I guess! will we need our own cloth, roads, trees etc?
Ant.
Overpromoted
Overpromoted

Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:10 pm
Got a weekend of building planned - Cromwells, fireflies, 17pdr, trucks, carriers. Going to be busy! Not looking forward to the painting though...!
Blackcat66

Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:00 am
Firestorm have tables and a (little) bit of scenery...(and a bar!) I can bring along a humongous terrain mat....mixed up metric with imperial when ordering it.... I have a fair amount of trees and a few road sections somewhere. I too have just finished my Cromwells but went for 6pdrs. As an aside, I recieved some British infantry from Adler miniature yesterday, VERY nice. I'm going to finish off my battlegroup using PSC stuff and then replace the troops with Adler. Not much painting today as I'm getting some ear ache from my wife, normal life intrudes again....

Last edited by Blackcat66 on Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
AntonyO

Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:57 am
Ok so Mat and trees sound as if they are sorted, I have loads of buildings, some bocage hedgerow, some flexible roads and will sort out some more trees I have yet to base. Adler are nice figures, I have some of their late war British as well and intended to do Cromwells (they seem a popular choice). My Falschirmjager are all AB as mentioned previously also good figures. How long are we going to give ourselves to complete forces (I would like at least a fortnight if possible need some softskins)? Ieuan was undercoating and starting to top coat his Germans and had vehicles done how are you doing now? Overpromoted do you intend making the trip from over the water?
I know what you mean about real life: wife and I are off shopping soon (Yippee) and although sunny weather is nice you feel guilty sitting indoors painting figures and vehicles on a weekend.
Ieuan Jones

Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:39 am
Yeah about two or maybe 3 weeks would be fine for me as well as I am still waiting for the paints to be delivered this week plus I am not the quickest painter with figures.

I got a few trees and walls as well if we need them.
Ieuan
AntonyO

Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:25 pm
Don't know how everyone is getting along but could we perhaps look at setting a date at end of July, maybe early August?
Antony.
Blackcat66

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:14 pm
That certainly works for me,. Once we start firming up a date I'll book a table etc.
Mike.
AntonyO

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:38 pm
Great! I'm not sure but I think the first time you book it may be free? I guess a 6'x4' would be sufficient for a first game.
Ant.
Ieuan Jones

Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:20 am
Yeah sounds good to me end of July is better for me I'm on holiday from the 4th of August till the 18th
What day would be the best for everyone ?

Ieuan
AntonyO

Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:17 pm
Last weekend in July 28/29th is ok for me as long as no events are happening at Firestorm, otherwise it would be last weekend in August.
Ant.
Blackcat66

Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:03 pm
From what I can see on their events page there's a "Magic, the gathering" tournament on the 28/29 July, I'll ring them tomorrow to see what impact this has on regular Joe gamers like ourselves, hard to imagine there's no space left, it's a big venue....
Update tomorrow compadres.
AntonyO

Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:09 pm
As you say it's a big venue, hopefully it shouldn't take up the whole place. I look forward to hearing from you.
Ant.
Blackcat66

Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:28 pm
So....spoke to Firestorm re table availability over the weekend of 28th/29th July. I'm told that there shouldn't be a problem getting a table for casual gaming, even though there are a couple of small events going on. Also, told me that I can't book a table in advance, we just have to rock up and grab one on the day.
Mike.
AntonyO

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:01 am
A bit 'hit and miss' on their part I think, but I guess they have their reasons for not being able to book. I don't mind taking a chance but not a huge distance for me, or do we want to wait for a weekend with no events on?
As mentioned it's a big place and certainly when there are no events it is pretty sparsely occupied.
Do we risk it, what are other peoples thoughts?
Ant.
Blackcat66

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:49 am
The guy on the phone had a look at the ticket sales for that weekend's events, said they were pretty low, so I'm thinking we're good for either day. I'm quite happy to charge in as soon as they open and ensure we have a good table etc.
Mike.
AntonyO

Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:23 pm
Ok by me. Just sticking on some coloured flower tufts to differentiate squads tonight! Can I just take this opportunity to complain about the weather, the only thing to be done during the day is to sit in the sun with a cool drink!
They open at 10:00 I believe so make that the start point I guess but I don't mind Saturday or Sunday, whichever suits you two best? Is it best to cobble forces together when we see what everyone has available, but it will probably be very much a learning curve.
Ant.
Ieuan Jones

Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:55 pm
Sunday is better for me as i work on Saturdays so ill just have to ask the wife when she gets back to see if we are doing that day if not mid August onwards is good for me.
Ieuan
Blackcat66

Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:15 pm
Sunday is good for my self as well, I'm on Holiday again mid August so July would be preferable but I'm easy either way.
Mike.
AntonyO

Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:00 pm
Ok! Sunday 29th 10:00 seems viable. I'll be the one in a Type 2 Jump Smock and Feldmutze! LOL!
Ieuan Jones

Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:32 am
So for late reply and so sorry to let you guys down, myself the wife and baby are out up west midlands with my family that day Sad You guys can still meet up and get a game going and to sort other details out for future games etc.

Ieuan
AntonyO

Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:52 pm
Mike.
I'm still okay what are your thoughts?
Ant.
Blackcat66

Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:57 am
Hey Antony, I'm also okay with everything as is. As Ieuan says, let's have a game on the 29th to get the ball rolling and take things from there?.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum