Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Ruuhkis

Some questions that rose after our first game. Empty Some questions that rose after our first game.

Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:56 pm
Hey all, had my first game today, based on "Market Garden" and "Overlord" books, between U.S paras and German armoured division. Scenario was "Recce screen" from Overlord book. Few things that we had some problems and needs to be clarifield were:

1. Germans had "Mounted Panzer Grenadier Patrol", that unit has scout and mortar spotter. When the unit disembarks (it can do that?) are the vehicle and infantry both having those special rules?

2. Same unit, Sniper took it's toll and killed 2 men out of the squad, is there a dedicated member doing the spotting that can be picked as a target?

3. Unit of U.S paras was pinned in the open and took second round incoming aimed fired, after taking 2 casualties morale test roll was 6, after that roll the "Pinned" status is really removed? Call of duty roll failed but that was after the status change?

4. Germans had "Off table mortar fire" bought from artillery units, is their required communication test stated somewhere? Didn't find any so we used default score of 3+ (page 41).

5. German Panzer IV took a direct hit (roll of 6 in accuracy) from off-table 105mmL16 artillery, page 42 states that "Use shell's armor penetration value against the vehicles side armour value." Now that gun don't have AP at all but long line of 4s under HE ammo. Is that line of 4s what's used even if it's HE?

We did use that and result was exploding Panzer IV killing german senior officer and lose for germans after counter was taken, epic ending for nice game.
wolflord
wolflord

Some questions that rose after our first game. Empty Re: Some questions that rose after our first game.

Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:09 pm
1) Yes the unit can disembark. But only the Infantry has the special rules.

2) No. Only officers and special weapons soldiers (LMG gunner, Bazzoka, Panzerfaust, Flamethrower) may be especially targeted by sniper.

3) Pinned result is only removed if you pass the Beyond of Duty test.

4) Correct, if no communication value is stated, use the default value. Remember that some units (Communication bunker) or rules (Communications breakdown) may change that.

5) Yes, even HE shells have an penetration value. Smaller shells may not be able to penetrate the armour, but the may still be able to disable a tank by destroying vital parts. Bigger shells do not need to penetrat armour, they will simply shatter armour plates or will rip a turret clean of.

You did it correct. A Senior Officer in a tank is no small risk.

Greetings
Wolflord
Ruuhkis

Some questions that rose after our first game. Empty Re: Some questions that rose after our first game.

Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:50 am
Thanks for the answers, looks like we misread that "Beyond call of duty" test, thanks for clarifying it. Next game is under way and a new question came to my mind. I'm using U.S Airborne list and that combined operations section is bit confusing to me. Can I take all type of units there or only tanks? A halftrack with squad of brit infantry would fit well for my plans.
wolflord
wolflord

Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:04 am
It is all on page 48 of the Market Garden book. British infantry, besides tankcan be taken, so a squad of British infantry inside a halftrack is no problem.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum