Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
VanDubs

New to the group, game, and some questions Empty New to the group, game, and some questions

Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:52 pm
Hello everyone,
I wanted to introduce myself to the group. My name is Dan and I live just outside of Charlotte, NC, USA. I played early FOW and bailed around 2008 due to deployments and losing my gaming group (due to moving). I have since settled in an area where by gaming buddy lives, so we can start playing again. This ruleset, from what I can tell from watching battle reports, is fantastic! I have a guy that is going to run a game for me to get some firsthand experience with the rules, but I can tell you that I am already sold!
My friend and I want to focus our first table/armies on Sicily/Italy campaigns and I was wondering if the Torch book would be our best option? If not, what do you recommend? We just don't want to do Normandy/France because a friend has everything for that campaign.

Thank you again for a great resource!

Dan
dead1

New to the group, game, and some questions Empty Re: New to the group, game, and some questions

Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:15 am
Torch lists would suffice for 1943 Italy/Sicily. Unless you prefer a later 1944/45 gaming and then Overlord/Fall of the Reich would be better as they have Fireflies, Elephants etc (basically use the Overlord lists and then tack on some units from Fall of the Reich ala the Elephant).

All you need are the core rulebook and Torch book. The rulebook contains a sheet with the Battle Rating tokens (Torch might have its own specific ones). There's no templates.

Is this what you were after?

Nazrat
http://jer-toons.com

New to the group, game, and some questions Empty Re: New to the group, game, and some questions

Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:31 am
And I'm the guy! Welcome to the group, Dan. I can't wait to be your Battlegroup "pusher". First hit's FREE!! Very Happy
Warwick
Warwick

Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:52 am
Until we get to an Italy book, just use the Torch 1943 lists as stand-ins.
Piers
Piers
https://battlegroupwargame.forumotion.com

Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:02 am
Torch is perfect for sicily and early Italy... been using it for it for a while.
VanDubs

Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:18 am
Thanks all for the info. And thanks Nazrat for helping me out! You “pushers” are all the same
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum