Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Stuart J
Stuart J

Red Army paratroopers Empty Red Army paratroopers

Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:02 pm
Abwher reports some of these may be landing in my area within the next few days, strength unknown but probably less than a platoon and may well be trying to link up with the partisans known to be operating in this area. Sadly transmissions ceased abruptly, and it seems likely that our agent must have been compromised. All units have therefore been placed on high alert.

Does anyone out there know what sort of organization and equipment these troops had? Information is hard to come by for the WW2 era, but did they adopt the same format as the platoons in the rifle divisions or were they along the lines of the SMG companies?
maggico
maggico

Red Army paratroopers Empty Re: Red Army paratroopers

Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:24 pm
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I'm starting now to play this game. But I saw this topic and start from here.
Essentially they are equipped like the SMG squads.

There is a book of D. Glantz, The soviet airborne experience, that has some info about their history. It's from the start to the Cold War era. Hope this help.
Sadly I can't share the link because I'm new, but if you google the title, there is the pdf free on line.
Stuart J
Stuart J

Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:31 pm
Hi, and welcome to the forum and the world of Battlegroup!

Thanks for that, a quick google search and found.pdf file here https://apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a153124.pdf so now I can get on with painting and basing my Airborne platoon. Hop on over to the conversation trench and I'll buy you a vodka Very Happy

3A P0Anhy!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum