Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Atkins

Tank Riders Deployment Empty Tank Riders Deployment

Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:18 am
Hi

Most enjoyable game of Fall of the Reich yesterday, I played Russians and during the after game "debrief" I was asked why I did not bring all my Infantry on as Tank Riders. (Thus on initial setup counting as 2 units but only one if brought on as reinforcements). My reply was unless they were purchased as "Tank Riders" this was not allowed.

Was I right?

Thanks in advance

Atkins
Powermonger
Powermonger
http://www.thewargamespot.com

Tank Riders Deployment Empty Re: Tank Riders Deployment

Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:35 pm
Hi Atkins:

Tank riders were more a case by case issue.
The "official" word is that tanks riders should be allowed only if you´ve purchased them as such in the appropiate Soviet list. Or as part of a scenario (several scenarios specifically allow them).

On more casual games, we allow tank riding if the historical setting is appropiate. For example, we did last week an Ardennes 1994 scenario where the germans are allowed to ride tanks.

But I would not allow BEF infantry to ride Matildas, for example.

As per the counting:

- If the tank riders were properly purchased as tank riders (Sovie list for example), they count as 1 unit for initil setup and reinforcements
- If the tank riders were not properly purchased as such (ie, the described Ardennes scenario), they count as 2 units for initial setup and future reinforcements.

Best regards,

Diego
Atkins

Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:59 am
Thanks Diego

Pity I was right though!

Atkins
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum