Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Nazrat
http://jer-toons.com

FOTR Questions Empty FOTR Questions

Wed May 30, 2018 2:10 am
Looking through the lists I see the MG-08 listed for some of the German squads. What would the RoF for that be? Is the LMG with the Volkssturm squads just a RoF 2 weapon? Also, what is the carrying capacity for the Civilian Bus? I have looked but don't see these bits of info anywhere (although I could have missed them)...

Thanks,
Jerry
NTM

FOTR Questions Empty Re: FOTR Questions

Wed May 30, 2018 7:34 am
Never seen anything different for the MG08 so RoF 2 it is. Pretty sure there's a chart for soft transport stats including capacity in the book usually on the last page of stats. Bus capacity is 24 iirc.
Piers
Piers
https://battlegroupwargame.forumotion.com

Wed May 30, 2018 8:55 am
MG08 is same as Vickers/Maxim - 5 ROF - It's there for flavour and cos I have the model...

All LMG are just ROF 2. The Volkssturm used various guns such as Zb-28's, Polish BARs and others.

Blitz Bus should be on the soft skins page... I just shove an entire platoon in it.
wolflord
wolflord

Wed May 30, 2018 8:53 pm
Just took a look in my Oswald. The Opel Blitz Omnibus had 30 seating places, add some standing soldiers and you have more than enough place for an entire platoon.

Greetings
Wolflord
NTM

Wed May 30, 2018 9:55 pm
Now I've actually checked the book the bus is not included in the softskin chart but in the lists it states entire platoon may be mounted in bus.
Nazrat
http://jer-toons.com

Thu May 31, 2018 1:11 am
I was assuming as much but it's always good to get things clarified by the community. Thanks!
Akahito

Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:08 pm
Hestorical question, why isn't a Goliat a small Target like a Gun for AP Shells?
because of balance?

sry 4 my terrible englisch ^^"
Gunbird
Gunbird

Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:32 pm
Akahito wrote:Historical question, why isn't a Goliath a small Target like a Gun for AP Shells?
because of balance?

sry 4 my terrible englisch ^^"

Hmm, good point, never looked at them in such a way. I guess because the original rules for these remote devices were for the Borgward this never came up. Considering the size of a Goliath I would give it the "small target" rule....which would increase the survivability of this slow bombot by a small margin.

Your is English is fine, no need to worry! Very Happy
Akahito

Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:27 am
Thx ^^
I Want to add a question about remote Controller.
I can move after the Test, just a singel move of 5"
The Goliath isn`t geting a Top Speed! order!?
Correct?
Warwick
Warwick

Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:54 am
Historical question, why isn't a Goliath a small Target like a Gun for AP Shells?
because of balance?

More it was just overlooked... obviously they are tiny and the -1 would be appropriate...
Gunbird
Gunbird

Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:06 pm
Warwick wrote:
Historical question, why isn't a Goliath a small Target like a Gun for AP Shells?
because of balance?

More it was just overlooked... obviously they are tiny and the -1 would be appropriate...

I'll add it to the FAQ
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum