Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
bunguster

Passenger casualties in a softskin vehicle Empty Passenger casualties in a softskin vehicle

Sun May 08, 2022 2:23 pm
Hi All, can someone please clarify the resolution of casualties in a softskin truck transporting a 9 man infantry section.
Specifically for small arms firing on the truck in the open.
I'm refering to the hardcopy core rule book p28.
Assuming the truck takes 4 hits with no save and can take 3 hits.
My assumtion has been that the truck absorbs the first 3 hits with 1 hit carried over to the passengers with a 5+ save.
Additionally because the truck is now destroyed the remaining passengers take D3 casualties with no save.
However the example in the right hand panel top of p29 does not mention the D3 casualty aspect.
Should the D3 casualty only apply to AP firing at the soft skin or am I missing something?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Regards
Paul C
Powermonger
Powermonger
http://www.thewargamespot.com

Passenger casualties in a softskin vehicle Empty Re: Passenger casualties in a softskin vehicle

Mon May 09, 2022 4:23 pm
you are correct. 4 hits would mean:

- Truck destroyed
- 1 hit on the passengers with 5+ save.
- then, disembark the 9 men section, up to 4 inches from the destroyed truck. Pinned.
- then, D3 casualties (no save) on the remaining 8 men.
- then, roll morale on the remaining men, remembering that they are pinned (so will run away on a roll of 1 or 2)

Hope that helps,

Diego

patrickdiederiks and bunguster like this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum