Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
cjwhittaker@hotmail.co.uk

Mine Strike Counter Empty Mine Strike Counter

Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:23 am
Many thanks to all of those who answered the previous questions. This is one of the most helpful groups for wargame rules I have found

My question on Mine Strike counter is this. If you roll a one does this mean:

A. the enemy moves the counter to another vehicle and then roll there, potentially cycling around all the available friendly vehicles that moved if one keeps throwing 1s until you damage or destroy one!

or is it,

B. Another vehicle suffers a mine strike after the first one, and therefore all potentially moving vehicles could be subject to mine strikes if one kept rolling 1s, and once all available vehicles that potentially need checking have shown that they are subject to a mine attack then keep rolling for each moving vehicle, ignoring 1s, until a damage or destroyed result occurs

Powermonger
Powermonger
http://www.thewargamespot.com

Mine Strike Counter Empty Re: Mine Strike Counter

Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:07 pm
Hi:

First of all, you do not move or put counters on vehicles. You just keep you BR counter (a mine strike in this case) in your own pile. It adds zero to your BR damage.
You just select and point an enemy vehicle.

If you roll a "1" it is the enemy who can select one of your vehicles. The enemy vehicle is now safe (unless of course he rolls another "1", and the cycle starts again).

Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:17 pm
Hi

Sorry ignore the bit about the counter, I am using that to mean the selected vehicle that the enemy player initially points to!

My two options are what I think the "cycle" you refer to could look like.

or perhaps there is a third option is that there is only ever one vehicle that could be a target and if you both keep rolling 1s then the selection of veh keeps oscillating between you and your opponent until someone stops rolling a one

The problem is that the text as written is ambiguous
Stuart J
Stuart J

Mine Strike Counter Empty Mine hits

Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:28 am
MINE STRIKE TABLE
1 Friendly Fire!
It is not an enemy vehicle but one of your own that has hit an uncleared friendly mine.Your
opponent may now place the Mine Strike counter on one of your vehicles and roll again on this table. This can happen repeatedly. (my emphasis)

I take this to mean one vehicle may take several potential mine 'hits' the same way it can be hit more than once by other weapon systems

Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:19 am
Yes Stuart, I may have been over thinking the issue. Your interpretation is the one I was leaning to. I think one's opponent can choose to place the counter not only on the original vehicle it chose but any of your vehicles. In other words your vehicles have moved into an unmarked minefield Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum