Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

wolflord
wolflord

AT mine dog Empty Re: AT mine dog

Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:59 pm
There is no rule about it, but i would allow both. The first option is very risky as a pinning result is enough to force you drawing a BR counter. Second option sounds more sensible, that the soldier is returning to the rear in order to fetch another dog.
typhoon2

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:49 am
No comparable rule exists elsewhere but how about allowing the dog-less soldier to join the nearest infantry team for the rest of the game?
PanzerSmurf
PanzerSmurf

Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:25 pm
Dear god what's wrong with you....  Even in play, one should not blow up doggies....  just sayin...  Cool

Also, from what I remember, the dogs were about as likely to run back and blow up an friendly tank as they would an enemy one... something about how Russian tanks and German tanks smelled different because one used gas and one diesel..... and since they trained the dogs using Russian tanks that's what the dogs went to....
RayH
RayH

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:00 pm
AT dogs were not a success not even close to one, They also got frightened by the noise of battle and could go anywhere. And would even go under Russian tanks. So they were disbanded. Some would also run back to their own trenches after being frightened,which detonated the bomb,killing Russian soldiers,So the handlers were instructed to shoot any returning dogs on sight. The dogs were trained to go under stationary tanks,but this was not always easy. Some dogs were seen running alongside a tank waiting for it to stop,the dog was shot while doing this. The practice of using these dogs only lasted from 1941 to 42. Then it stopped. So they were really random at best and could be as dangerous to their own side as to the Germans.
wolflord
wolflord

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:40 pm
The unpredictable behaviour of the mine dogs is already reflected in the BG rules. You have to roll a D6 and only on a 5 or 6 a hit on an enemy tank is archived. On a 1 one of your own tanks is hit, on all other results the dog is killed by defensive fire.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Gunbird
Gunbird

Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:36 pm
bohun wrote:Rules says ' at close assault range (5') an anti-tank Mine Dog may attack a German vehicle...'    5 ' is not to much.  Can be Mine Dog used on bigger distance ? Can Dog run across table to target? If yes - with what speed?

One use (like a Panzerfaust) at 5 inch only. Nothing more, and most certainly not "running across the table".
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum