Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
luiluei

Unit surrender when assaulted while pinned Empty Unit surrender when assaulted while pinned

Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:27 pm
Hi all,
I am new to the forum and game play and been reading the discussions with interest.

From the book I understand that a pinned infantry/deployed gun will surrender when assaulted. Are they just simply taken off the table as destroyed or do you have to go through some other procedure?

Thanks for your help.
Nazrat
http://jer-toons.com

Unit surrender when assaulted while pinned Empty Re: Unit surrender when assaulted while pinned

Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:51 pm
You still have to test to see if the assaulting unit will attack, then roll the dice to hit, and the saves for the targets of the assault.  If more than one remains alive at the end they make a morale test as normal.  If they beat the odds stacked against them and pass then they still hold their position.  The "surrendering" description is just flavor to explain why they generally are wiped out and doesn't change anything in the rules.
luiluei

Unit surrender when assaulted while pinned Empty Re: Unit surrender when assaulted while pinned

Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:53 pm
Great thanks....and I assume the surviving guys will stay pinned
Nazrat
http://jer-toons.com

Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:08 pm
Yes, unless by some chance they roll a 6 for morale and then pass their Beyond the Call of Duty test.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum