Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Maniac-Eye

Pinned/Rout-Surrender clarification Empty Pinned/Rout-Surrender clarification

Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:00 pm
Hello dudes,

there are some discussion in interpretatin of the rules "pinned/rout-surrender".

for me, i read the rules in sense of the order how it is written. So written are some definition in this order

- if unit is under 50% of starting strengh OR already pinnend - it counts as destroyed
- if unit hasnt any friendly unit BUT an enemy unit within 10"(no matter how its strengh is) - it counts as destroyed

and last:
- if unit is equal to 50% or more AND NOT pinned already - it is pinned now.

So for my definition, i.e. Rifle runit of 10 men and I'snt pinned already, runs away if there is no friendly but a enemy unit in within 10"

pls can some BG-profis tell how they understand this ruletext.
DennisB
DennisB

Pinned/Rout-Surrender clarification Empty Re: Pinned/Rout-Surrender clarification

Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:46 am
No, the first portion should be read as one sentence. In the main rulebook it clarifies this with more words but the rules are as follows:

Pinned/Rout-Surrender result:
If the unit is below 50% or the unit is already Pinned: Unit either runs off or surrenders to the enemy
If the unit is still at or above 50%: Unit becomes Pinned

(Also note it is called Pinned / Rout-Surrender, not Pinned / Rout / Surrender)
bazzerfee

Pinned/Rout-Surrender clarification Empty Re: Pinned/Rout-Surrender clarification

Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:33 am
Hi, new player alert ! Would you please clarify if the unit routs due to less than 50% and no enemy within 10" does it count as destroyed for a Battle Rating Marker Pull? I had 2 instances recently where my opponent routed 2 squads and dodged pulling counters as he said they were not destroyed?
Powermonger
Powermonger
http://www.thewargamespot.com

Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:54 pm
oh yes, they are considered destroyed.

bazzerfee likes this post

bazzerfee

Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:43 pm
Great, thanks, I wonder what the reason is for distinguishing between surrender & rout? It says if no enemy in 10" the squad routs but if there is enemy in 10" it surrenders. Seems like a strange distinction.
Powermonger
Powermonger
http://www.thewargamespot.com

Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:23 am
could make a difference if you are playing a campaign
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum