Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Ieuan Jones

Few Questions  Empty Few Questions

Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:39 am
We had a few questions come up in our game yesterday which we knew could be answered on here.

1) Can an ambush be ambushed ? We had a T34 move towards a Pak 40 which was on ambush fire but we had another T34 behind the first on ambush fire as well. First would the second ambush take place at or would we resolve the second T34's return ambush after the Pak40 has finished his ?

2) How many panzer aces can be taken (FOTR) in company sized game is it just one or more ?

Ieuan
Powermonger
Powermonger
http://www.thewargamespot.com

Few Questions  Empty Re: Few Questions

Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:27 am
1) No. ambush could not be ambushed.
2) Pag.57 of FOTR states Panzer Aces as Tank option. It is not "uniqe" nor "restricted. So, you can take as much Aces as you want (and have points and tanks to upgrade to).

Regards,

Diego
Nino Kano

Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:51 pm
Wait, why can you not ambush an ambush? My group has always done this. As soon as the ambush order is activated, via rules stating that ambush can interrupt another order, then the second ambush happens. From what I understand if there are a lot of bush orders it can get crazy with a daisy chain. Which is fun to watch.

Akahito

Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:56 pm
you can youse Ambush just in the Enemys turn.
Not in your own turn.
Piers
Piers
https://battlegroupwargame.forumotion.com

Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:50 pm
You can ambush fire in your own turn, to counter Reserve Moves.
RainDog

Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:26 am
It seems that our group missundertood the rules too. We have always allowed the following situations:

1. An ambush fire interrupted by another ambush fire order (as long as all were placed in a previous turn and the first one in played in its enemy's turn).
2. Order placed due a beyond the call of duty interrupted by another order due a beyond the call of duty test.
3. 2nd shot of an ambush fire interrupted by an order placed after a beyond the call of duty test.
4. An order placed after a beyond the call of duty test interrupted by ambush fire.

It seems that #1 is not allowed but, what about the other three?

Regards,
Arturo.
Powermonger
Powermonger
http://www.thewargamespot.com

Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:15 pm
Hola Arturo:

I will give you my interpretation and answers to your questions.

1. An ambush fire interrupted by another ambush fire order (as long as all were placed in a previous turn and the first one in played in its enemy's turn).
A: You cannot use ambush fire to interrupt another ambush fire.

2. Order placed due a beyond the call of duty interrupted by another order due a beyond the call of duty test.
A: the way we play is yes, you can. For example a tank vs tank duel where a non penetrating hit causes a moral test. Then, a successful BTCOD test allows the target tank to fire back at his opponent, which in turn can cause another BTCOD test. And so on. Difficult to track if you get several BTCOD. In my many games the maximum number of consecutive BTCOD test were three.

3. 2nd shot of an ambush fire interrupted by an order placed after a beyond the call of duty test.
A: same case. The target which was affected by a succesfful BTCOD test can fire back at the ambusher. Resolve the target unit order first, then conclude the 2nd ambush shot .

4. An order placed after a beyond the call of duty test interrupted by ambush fire.
A: you cannot use ambush to interrupt a BTCOD.

Hope tha helps. And remember, these are my interpretations.

Regards,

Diego
RainDog

Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:01 pm
Hola Diego.

Sure.
I think we were using the ambush fire order more than we should.

Thaks a lot for the answers and your time.

Saludos,
Arturo.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum