Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
77Rebel

Some questions. Empty Some questions.

Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:16 pm
Hi there!

My group and I have played a few games and there are some questions that we have:

1. In the army list, when it says that a unit composition is 5 men and you can pay 5pts to take up a panzerfaust ( in case of a German Panzer Division infantry squad), you change one rifleman for a panzerfaust keeping 5 men(that's what we are doing) or you add a panzerfaust to end with a 6 men unit? Could be a translation issue but it's not clear for us...

2. Talking about the panzerfausts... It's a one shoot weapon? Any entry for that in the rulebook? If it is a one shoot weapon, it's suposed to replace the miniature for a riflemen when the faust is used?

3. Bazookas and panzerschreck have an ammo value?

4. When you move a vehicle, you have pivoting or turning restricted or something like that? If I turn around one tank 180º and move, my vehicle can't end his movement facing the same way that I was facing before start moving? Because if not, I don't understand how to apply the "vehicles reversing" rule. I mean, it's a nice and realistic rule, but didn't find anything about pivoting or facing restrictions in the movement section of the rulebook.
We are playing that if you want to move more than your 180º arc, you have to reverse or end your movement facing the opposite direction...

This is a really nice game and we are enjoying playing our first games in 20mm scale.

Thank you in advance!
NTM

Some questions. Empty Re: Some questions.

Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:10 pm
1 still 5 figures
2 yes one shot weapon
3 no ammo limit for bazooka etc and if they did have one I doubt they'd ever last long enough to use it all.
Nazrat
http://jer-toons.com

Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:08 pm
4. Warwick has said they add inches for turning/pivoting but it doesn't say it anywhere in the rules. It's a "use common sense" type of rule. As far as reversing, if the enemy was on Ambush Fire would you want to turn all the way around and present your rear armor to him, considering he can shoot at ANY time during your move? It's used for that.
Tau1850

Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:01 am
It's also used when a vehicle is in a tight spot and does not have the room to pivot/turn around, such as in an ally or narrow street.
77Rebel

Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:44 pm
Thank you very much for the replies. Common sense used then Smile

I have one more question about orders. The rulebook says that you add to the orders die roll your battlegroup's total number of officers, unless they are pinned down or killed. Then, when you have an officer on reserves, he gives that extra order or he must be deployed on the battlefield for the bonus?
Nazrat

Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:34 pm
That's one you can play the way you like, I think. The rules do not dictate when you get those extra orders. In our group we play that you don't get them until the officers are on the table-- makes choosing which units come on as reinforcements a little more challenging. One note-- as far as I know pinning does NOT stop you from using the extra order from an officer. It doesn't say it does in the rule book, although if you want to read it that way you can, I suppose.

Jerry
77Rebel

Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:06 pm
"If, during the course of the battle, you lose officers to enemy fire, or from morale effects, then the officer total will go down – obviously officers that have been killed, wounded or are otherwise indisposed by enemy fire can’t do much to help run the battle, so you suffer the results."

That was our interpretation of indisposed by enemy fire. I think we'll keep that way for a more challenging game. Very Happy

In our group, we have been playing same way that yours about the orders from officers on reserve. Seems more logic to us.

Thanks for the reply! That was very helpful
Nazrat

Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:50 pm
Fair enough! A always, it's your game and you can do as you like. I will stand by my point, though, since in the newest hardback rule book it no longer says that-- it says, "...killed, wounded, or captured...". Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum