Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Logan69

Feedback on those who have played BG solo Empty Feedback on those who have played BG solo

Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:49 pm
Hello

I'm new to BG having just bought the main book and I had a question to those who have tried playing BG solo. Basically, how was your experience? I read the post down below about solo play but wanted to see if I could get any feedback from anyone who has tried BG solo?

I currently play Chain of Command and while that can be played solo, I'm looking for something Company level. I thought about trying out I Ain't Been Shot Mum, but BG has caught my attention.

Thanks for any comments/suggestions/feedback
Wingfield-Haze

Feedback on those who have played BG solo Empty Re: Feedback on those who have played BG solo

Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:17 pm
Hi,

I play BG solo and have described my experience in detail in quite a few posts, you may be able to search for them. For me BG is a great game for combined forces. The system is really well balanced at being able to capture enough detail but allow for a fluid game.

People site the Moral factor as specifically a game not suited for solo play, as you are aware of both sides moral, but this does not distract from the game at all for me, indeed it still creates a lot of suspense. You may run into difficulties with placing mines, pre-registered target points, airstrikes etc but nothing that can't be rationalized in a sensible manner, indeed I find players often quite predictable, its mostly a 6'x4' table, how many areas of tactical control are there?

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum