Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Louis17

Infantry weapons: what defines a unit? Empty Infantry weapons: what defines a unit?

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:29 am
Hello,

Again one point I am not sure to understand well after reading the rulebook. What will define a unit (this mean a mini or group of minis which will receive a separate order).

E.g. in a US infantry platoon I have the choice to add some LMG or bazooka. These weapons will get a separate order, if I understood it well. Now, in the same infantry platoon I have got a BAR squad. When referring at the rulebook, a BAR, being a light machine gun, is manned by one man. Does it mean it has to be treated as a one-man squad receiving an order, separate from the rifle squads?

Thanks in advance.
Piers
Piers
https://battlegroupwargame.forumotion.com

Infantry weapons: what defines a unit? Empty Re: Infantry weapons: what defines a unit?

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:51 am
A group of figures is one unit regardless of what personal weapons they carry.
Louis17

Infantry weapons: what defines a unit? Empty Re: Infantry weapons: what defines a unit?

Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:50 am
Thanks, I re-read the rules and realized I was missing something. Sorry for the stupid question.
Pan Marek

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:41 pm
I am confused about this too after a once though with the rules.

What "group of figures"?
A squad?
A platoon?
A company?
Does it depend on the size of the scenario?
If one is talking vehicles, is one tank a unit, or do you designate a platoon of 3 (or so)
tanks a unit?

If a platoon or company, are the support weapons part of the "unit"?

thanks.
Piers
Piers
https://battlegroupwargame.forumotion.com

Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:11 pm
Tank = 1 unit

Infantry Team/squad = 1 unit
wolflord
wolflord

Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:09 pm
Unfortunally a squad might also be a historical unit like the Armoured Panzer Grenadier Squad on page 116 rulebook, so take a close look at the Squad Composition. There you will see that the Armoured Panzer Grenadier Squad consist of a Panzer Grenadier Squad (5 men with rifles)and a MG Team (3 men with bipod MG) for a total of 2 units. If you also add the optional SdKfz 251 you will have 3 units.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum