Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
TulOne
TulOne

Spring Awakening - German Armoured Reconnaissance Infantry Platoon Empty Spring Awakening - German Armoured Reconnaissance Infantry Platoon

Wed May 12, 2021 11:12 am
Hi!
I ask your kind help in get the right interpretation of the special rules pertinent to the unit's in the Arm. Recce Inf. Plt.
The Platoon have the "scout2" special rule listed just under the general definitions for the unit composition.

So, while for me it is clear that this means the entire unit is counted twice in the scout total for the force at game start, I ask myself if, goin on with combats, the Comand Squad, the SdKfz 251/10 and the MG Teams can also be considered "scout" for observation purposes

It is also clear to me that the support options unit's are entitled as scout only if the special rule is present (as for the armoured cars), because being "support" their main role is not to scout

Thank in advance

Max
Powermonger
Powermonger
http://www.thewargamespot.com

Spring Awakening - German Armoured Reconnaissance Infantry Platoon Empty Re: Spring Awakening - German Armoured Reconnaissance Infantry Platoon

Fri May 14, 2021 9:05 pm
They do not have the +1 to spot. Just a +2 for the initial outscouting process.
TulOne
TulOne

Spring Awakening - German Armoured Reconnaissance Infantry Platoon Empty Re: Spring Awakening - German Armoured Reconnaissance Infantry Platoon

Sat May 15, 2021 9:41 am
Thank you Diego
Your clarification lead me to the following consideration:
This platoon , being an " infantry" assett, has an operational special rule for the outscouting process only, and the associated units/teams can't be considered amongst "reconnaissance" units for initial placement purposes in any scenario where such units are entitled to be set up in a specific way/zone/time, included the armoured cars whit the "scout" special rule
Correct?
Max
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum