Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
EdwinVDS

Prokhorovka mega-game Empty Prokhorovka mega-game

Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:12 am
Hello,

Our group is planning to play the ‘Prokhorovka mega-game’ sometime during the month of June..
To prepare, we are playing the individual scenarios, and some questions came up…
My apologies for the length of this mail and if these have been answered before on other threads, but here goes, and hoping the forum can help;

Reinforcements
I suppose that in the scenarios (1-2-3) you don’t need to roll a die to determine how many reinforcements/reserves enter per turn…?
So ‘wave 2’ for the soviets enters in full on the indicated turn 2? And wave 3 in full on turn 3?
And German ‘reserves’ enter in full on their indicated turn of arrival; 3 (or 4 or 5)?

Entrenchments/foxholes
According to the scenario (1-2-3) force descriptions, all German panzergrenadiers ‘have enough foxholes’, fine
For the pak40s there is no specific mention of them being entrenched… ; should they also be considered entrenched? Or not…?

Russian PO-2 in scenario 1?
As far as I can see, the only use of this plane is to use its single MG for strafing 3 turns and that’s it? (and force the Germans to take a counter for being under air attack)
The soviet player has no artillery in this scenario (except for the timed Katyusha barrages)… so no need for spotters… Or am I missing something?

Then, not really questions, some ideas; please do comment…
- We propose to let infantry on both sides have AT grenades, even though this is not specified in the scenarios… they otherwise are pretty helpless against all that heavy metal on the table…
- The quality of soviet motorized infantry is according to the army lists ‘i’ inexperienced; but we propose to make the guys from 23rd guards airborne (scenario 1) ‘regular’, guessing their airborne status deserves it…
- German tanks are all ‘r’ regular; we propose to make the Tiger Is ‘veteran’… based on their reputation of having the better panzer crews..
- We propose to let the SS panzergrenadiers all have MG42’s (not MG34’s), supposing they would be first to get the newest equipment…

best regards
Edwin
Stuart J
Stuart J

Prokhorovka mega-game Empty Re: Prokhorovka mega-game

Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:51 pm
If entrenchments - specifically gun pits or anti tank emplacements aren't listed in the scenario set up, the I would not use them. As for the PO.2 airplane, that could be used as an airborne scout unit to spot hidden units (if you use them, of course)

I'd let the Soviets have improvised A/T grenades on a squad by squad basis by using a random die roll for each unit, but with inexperience troops it will be difficult to get them to actually use the things! . Smile Germans, I'd restrict them to pioneer units.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum