Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Coolfrood

Flamethrower hit allocation Empty Flamethrower hit allocation

Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:38 pm
Hello everyone,

I tried out my wasp for the first time today, and we had a bit of a conundrum. The rules state that you target a building (or vehicle) when using flamethrowers, yet there were three (small) units in the building I targeted. Do you single out a unit or do you allocate the wounds to the different teams?

We randomly allocated the wounds, as that seemed the most logical at the time, but we haven't found a ruling in the book.

Tau1850

Flamethrower hit allocation Empty Re: Flamethrower hit allocation

Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:19 pm
I....uh. Damn I have no clue. I can't find anything either. Maybe, take the number of dice, 10, and divide them up as evenly possible to each unit and then roll each set separate. I guess?
ColonelBob

Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:11 am
Well I think as you roll on the small arms table, you first must spot one unit and all the hits go to this unit. That's how the rules read.
Coolfrood

Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:44 am
That's where we got confused. We discussed this, but we figured that as you target the building, spotting is automatic. The logic we used to allocate the hits to all the units is because we figured that a flamethrower (especially one mounted on a vehicle) is pretty powerful, and would probably set the whole house ablaze.

We may houserule that other units in the same building are pinned or make a fallback move to reflect this. I don't know if that would be a bit much, as flamethrowers pack a punch as is.
Tau1850

Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:20 pm
I think of buildings being about the same as transport vehicles with multiple units inside, but instead of 1d3 hits it's 10d6 hits.
Warwick
Warwick

Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:41 am
You would choose a unit to attack, and roll as per normal (so yep, spot it). Because it's in a building the unit can be attacked (counts as stationary) even if it moved. Assume that one unit is the one occupying the room/rooms where the FT attack hits.
Coolfrood

Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:16 pm
Cheers!
Tau1850

Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:32 pm
Thanks Warwick, basicly did that in my last game. It really helps if you have buildings that have actual rooms/floors. The attacker would claim guys on first floor or second floor, this room or that room. Then if it happened to be a big room with multiple units, happened to me, then we just divided the dice up like artillery passing wounds around to everyone (area effect and all that jazz). Worked out awesomely. Well, not for me, I lost 2 MG teams and a sniper.

Another side question, can you elect to pin with a FT, if so would you get two dice like multiple barrelled guns with a rof 10?
Warwick
Warwick

Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:10 pm
You can using suppressing fire with anything, but it still counts as a shot for ammo, and just FP 10. No two dice. Not really a great weapon for that role... I'd see at a first 'warning' shot, giving those inside chance to surrender before they get roasted, or think about it anyway. I know they did this a lot with crocs in Italy. Just the threat was enough, one short warning shot... and Germans came out hands up.
Tau1850

Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:58 pm
Sounds fair enough, I was thinking that the FT would get 2dice for suppression because of the fear, but I think that's why you have a chit pulled instead. Because of the over all fear. Makes sense.
Tau1850

Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:53 am

NICE VIDEO ABOUT FLAME THROWERS
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum