Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
El Cid
El Cid
http://www.silent-night-games.at

Pre-registered target-point Empty Pre-registered target-point

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:22 pm
If I included the pre-registered target-point in my BG, how often can I direct my fire at this very spot ?
Each and every gun in each round of play ?
The answer is nowhere to be found, me think.
Cause: if it should be a one-shot action then after firing at this very spot the spot is ..... forgotten ?
dead1

Pre-registered target-point Empty Re: Pre-registered target-point

Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:00 am
We play the PRT lingers for the duration of the game. It makes sense and isn't that game breaking.
Nazrat
http://jer-toons.com

Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:31 am
The section on page 44 of the hardback rule book seems pretty clear to me. Any and all guns can fire at a pre-registered target point. You just have to pay for orders for any guns that fire at it. It would make no sense to think that it would magically go away after one battery fires at it. Think of it as all guns have those coordinates written on a dispatch and use them accordingly to pound that particular area as needed throughout the game.
Tau1850

Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:50 am
I loves it, we also assume it's for the full game, can use every turn. I like using it along with Artillery Support Request. No comms check and use the Army Battery. Brutal and since I play US Armoured Div. I throw in a ToT just to be sure all my guns hit. Hehehe. That's 30 points but it's worth it. But my friends started using it against me with the Germans...not cool.
El Cid
El Cid
http://www.silent-night-games.at

Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:45 am
So, can I use Harassment Barrages as well together with Pre-Registered Target-Points ?

and am I able to use the scatter-re-roll for the Barrage on the PRTP in using a Forward Observer+ in my BG ?
Gun-Pit Paul

Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:54 am
Harassing Fire :- Yes, the PRTP is just a map reference, with the data already worked out for the Guns.

Adjusting PRTP :- No. Page 44 Hardback rulebook. "To fire guns at the Pre-Registered Target Point, no observer is required. Do not roll for spotter accuracy or Communications, the barrage will automatically be centred on that point. Go straight to Fire for Effect! and resolve the fire as normal."

Paul
Tau1850

Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:15 pm
No scatter roll for the harassment fire if it's in the PRTP!!! Nice huh?
Piers
Piers
https://battlegroupwargame.forumotion.com

Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:05 am
A PRTP is for the entire game.
Powermonger
Powermonger
http://www.thewargamespot.com

Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:23 pm
Tau1850 wrote:I loves it, we also assume it's for the full game, can use every turn. I like using it along with Artillery Support Request. No comms check and use the Army Battery. Brutal and since I play US Armoured Div. I throw in a ToT just to be sure all my guns hit. Hehehe. That's 30 points but it's worth it.  But my friends started using it against me with the Germans...not cool.

You are doing it inccorrectly in my vision.
You need first to access the guns for use. That means: rolling the priority dice, and then doing a successfull comms check for the chosen level (army battery in your example).
Those two successfull rolls will grant you the guns. Then, you can make them fire at the PRT.
The only way to avoid a comms check when calling an Artillery suppoort request is to use a dispatch rider (and an additional order).

But feel free to play the way you want if your group agrees to it.
Hope that helps.

Regards,

Diego
Tau1850

Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:39 pm
I left out the rules of complete operation of how it's used and just giving g a vague example of how I use it at times in the game.
And read the PRTP you do NOT have to roll a comes check, or for scatter, it hits. It doesn't say no priority check. Of course you have to roll for that and have the orders for the guns to fire.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum