Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Tau1850

Artillery strike and BTCOD test Empty Artillery strike and BTCOD test

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:56 am
Today I was in a game and I had an artillery strike hit me pretty hard. 2 hits, 6 pins, one of the 2 hits landed on my half track and for some reason I got hit and got really luck as the round bounced off and made my morale check. Then was hit with the pin and I rolled a 6 for morale, BTCOD test and passed. So there was an infantry squad that was going to get 2 pin hits. So I used a embark/move and grabbed the infantry and hit the highway getting well away from that party strike. I personally believe that since they escaped then the 2 pins that did not get used would be reassigned to the other units that was still in the arty strike. It's seemed fair since those rolls are still in effect , but original targets vacated. Was this the correct call?
Warwick
Warwick

Artillery strike and BTCOD test Empty Re: Artillery strike and BTCOD test

Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:02 pm
Err, not really, I'd say they take the pins with them and can still be pinned as normal. Bit of an odd one, but they shouldn't be able to 'dodge' a strike they were effected by.
Nazrat
http://jer-toons.com

Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:21 pm
More importantly, you do not take Morale tests for Pins, ONLY for casualties. The test to avoid pinning is a cover save and if you fail you are pinned and if not nothing else happens. A 6 would just be a success and nothing else. So it sounds like you played it wrong and should not have been able to even try to get a Beyond the Call of Duty check.
Tau1850

Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:40 pm
Yeah, my friend and I talked about this event a while ago and said and figured we did it wrong, twice!

Warwick, it was just one of those random things that happens that no one would expect. This morning we decided that when artillery hits it happens all at one time and any BTCOD rolls would take place after the artillery damage is done. So if unit takes a direct hit, takes damage and makes BTCOD, all the other direct hits and pins will take place, then the BTCOD is worked out. Sound about right?
Powermonger
Powermonger
http://www.thewargamespot.com

Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:24 pm
In the event of an artillery direct hit (NOT a pnning hit) resulting in a succesfull BTCOD test i proceed like this: Work out the BTCOD, generally meaning that the unit would leave ou the danger zone. And then apply all pinning hits. This could result in the affected unit getting a pinning hit outside the 10 inch radius (and perhaps in some cover now).
Tau1850

Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:09 pm
@powermonger
Right, I agree mostly, but if the unit is a transport and makes a BTCOD and it is given an embark/move order and grabs an infantry squad that is also under the artillery barrage and then moves or has a unit in already and does a disembark after it moves out of the artillery barrage and then deploys what would happen then?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum