Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Tau1850

The m15 half-track  Empty The m15 half-track

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:00 am
I was looking at the m15 half-track and I am confused. It is should be armed with the M1A2 37 mm autocannon. But the book shows it with a 37mmL35 and listed as a very light gun. From what I understand this gun cannot be used to fire at aircraft. My question is if this gun is a misprint and what book would have the correct gun? Thanks and love the game.
wolflord
wolflord

The m15 half-track  Empty Re: The m15 half-track

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:01 pm
Should be an autocannon. Just use the 40mm Bofors stats.
Tau1850

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:16 pm
Nope not listed as an auto Cannon. Would the correct stats be in another book?
Gunbird
Gunbird

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:43 pm
You are not listening. Look at Autocannons and use the 40mm Bofors stats as Wolflord said.

It is incorrect in Torch as well so merely a copy paste error.
Tau1850

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:33 pm
Whoa, I was just wanting to know if it was listed in another book. I can't just go and tell someone i am having a game with, hey I am just going to use this other set of stats for this weapon or what ever just because someone on the forums says. That's going to start arguments. But if I can show an errata or updated rules or from another book it can prevent issues. But since none can be provided and that other books have the same incorrect data the best course is to not use that vehicle.

As for the "not listening" remark. I guess I can say the same for Wolford, because he did not listen to my question. Which all he had to say was, the stats are incorrect and no the correct stats are not listed and are not listed anywhere else.
Greebs
Greebs

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:55 pm
If you cross-compare stats, guns don't actually tend to differ drastically within class and caliber, particularly at the lower end. Compare the 40mm Bofors to the German 37mm flak. They are the same - if the American 37mm Flak stat block is printed anywhere, I will wager literal money that it will be identical to the Bofors and the German 37mm. That is why people are telling you to just use the stats for a 'different gun'.

It's not the word-of-god writ you are looking for, but anyone who wanted to argue the toss beyond that doesn't strike me as the sort of player I'd lose any sleep over falling out with anyway!
Gunbird
Gunbird

Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:15 am
Sadly there isn't a 37mm US Autocannon listed in any of the books, Greebs, but if there was, it would indeed have the same stats as the German 37mm and the Bofors 40mm. Until this is amended in a Errata, this is the best you are going to get from us experienced players. You can refer your opponent to here if he makes a fuzz about it.
Piers
Piers
https://battlegroupwargame.forumotion.com

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:11 am
Why would anyone argue with using the historically correct weapon system?

So if it's wrong... just use the Bofors stay line.

Reality is generally more correct than a book that may have a copy/paste error on a statline.

This is a historical game after all.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum