Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Da Moiti

Austrian Bundesheer in the Cold War Empty Austrian Bundesheer in the Cold War

Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:00 am
I think about building up an Austrian Jagdpanzer Bataillon from the Mid 80ies in 6mm.
Are there any recommendations for calculating the Vehicle Data’s?
RichardC
RichardC
https://coldwarhot.blogspot.com.au/

Austrian Bundesheer in the Cold War Empty Re: Austrian Bundesheer in the Cold War

Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:27 am
So I assume you'll be fielding a bunch of SK-105 Kürassier, is that right? I know next to nothing about the Austrian Army but a quick peak in Wikipedia shows the front armour was effective against 20mm shells while side and rear armour would only stop small arms. So I'd give it armour something like 4/1/1/1. It looks like it was pretty fast and maneuverable over cross country so I'd give it pretty decent speed - maybe just shy of something like the Scorpion/Scimitar and the 105mm gun I'd use something like the French 105mm used by the Dutch in their AMX-13.

Just compare and contrast the vehicle/weapons to other similar vehicles that already have stats and go from their.

Richard
Da Moiti

Austrian Bundesheer in the Cold War Empty Re: Austrian Bundesheer in the Cold War

Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:35 am
Thanks a lot, yes the Kürassier had also the AMX-13 Turret.
I also think the APC Saurer Schützenpanzer can use the Stats of the M-113. M-60‘s Stats for one Panzerkompanie are also not a big deal.
For Airsupport it would be interesting how I can compare our fabulous Saab 105-OE, the Stats for the Draken are in the List.
RichardC
RichardC
https://coldwarhot.blogspot.com.au/

Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:46 pm
Hi Da Moiti

Again this is based on a quick look at the Saab 105 these are the stats I would suggest to start with.

Size: Small
Stealthy: No
IR Suppressed: No
Countermeasures: Basic
Agility: Advanced
Combined Defence Rating: +2
Damage points: 2
Laser Capable: No
Special Rules: None

Hope that helps

Richard
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum