Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Gunny Highway
Gunny Highway

Battle Rating Draws for Cold War gone Hot Empty Battle Rating Draws for Cold War gone Hot

Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:44 pm
We are currently trying out these rules for the Cold War gone hot. One aspect that seems a bit off to me is the Chit Drawing aspect of this supplement. Not so much the Soviets but the U.S. in particular. Let me be clear, we have played a few games and this most certainly is not set in stone. When the U.S. is reinforced with a infantry detachment either M113's or Bradleys their BR seems to go through the roof. Sometimes in the high 40's or even low 50's. I understand this is still in playtest, so I'm just throwing this out here. Should we consider something like a Equiptment modifier especially for the Americans. Example, A M1 is lost due to Artillery fire and is destroyed. Due to its influence on American Morale of that loss should we consider a X2 modifier on the chit draw? A 4 is drawn and being this is a M1 it becomes a 8 against the U.S. side's BR loss. Still a chance it could be a 1 or a mine strike, etc. In those cases it wouldn't matter much. We have played several WWII games and this seemed to be much closer on BR counts on who might fold early. Just a subject for discussion...
Respectfully,
Gunny
RichardC
RichardC
https://coldwarhot.blogspot.com.au/

Battle Rating Draws for Cold War gone Hot Empty Re: Battle Rating Draws for Cold War gone Hot

Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:23 am
Hi Gunny

I have no issue with you raising this and it's something I'm aware of that needs further thought. I don't think it's necessary to charge the US forces double, we just need to fix their BR ratings to a more correct number. Definitely something to come back to.

Richard
Whoa mohamed

Battle Rating Draws for Cold War gone Hot Empty Re: Battle Rating Draws for Cold War gone Hot

Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:43 am
With an American tank platoon costing as much as several WP tank companies I would hope their BR would be higher!!
RichardC
RichardC
https://coldwarhot.blogspot.com.au/

Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:23 am
So you can get two T-62 companies for 80 pts more than a standard M1 platoon. Without looking it would be about the same re T-55s. I thought it would make sense for 20 odd tanks to have a higher BR than 4 tanks. But... I'd still probably opt to command the M1s!

Richard
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum