Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
up

Us Infantry - B.A.R Empty Us Infantry - B.A.R

Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:09 pm
I know I will look stupid (my notions on the subject are scarce), but I have to ask the question:
the use of B.A.R in an American infantry team was not such as to justify a special rule similar to the British "Bren Team", or a team based on the Us Airb model. Glider (4 men with B.A.R)?

Thanks for your patience
Andrea

So che sembrerò stupido (le mie nozioni sull'argomento sono scarse), ma la domanda devo farla ugualmente:
l'utilizzo del B.A.R in una squadra di fanteria americana non era tale da giustificare un eventuale regola speciale simile alla "Bren Team" britannica, oppure una squadra sul modello Us Airb. Glider (4 uomini con B.A.R)?

Grazie per la pazienza
Powermonger
Powermonger
http://www.thewargamespot.com

Us Infantry - B.A.R Empty Re: Us Infantry - B.A.R

Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:15 pm
It is already there!
The US infantry division list has 12-man sections. A 7-man rifle team and a 5-man BAR team.
up

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:00 pm
Excuse me I was inaccurate.
I'm forming a BttG "Armor.Infantry Platoon"
The composition is 10 men per team with BAR and bazooka and does not contemplate other options.
I was referring to this.

Andrea
Stuart J
Stuart J

Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:46 am
The BAR was not officially part of the TO&E of armored infantry units - although some did have them. The bazooka is carried in the half track and only deployed when needed otherwise the operator has his own rifle.
gebhk

Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:59 am
To be pedantic, the BAR did become part of the official TOE shortly after the end of WW2E but before the end of WW2J (June '45?) at the rate of one per rifle section. This was on top of the water-cooled 30cal (or 50 cal in HQ section) authorised previously which,  like the bazooka, could be left on the half-track when not needed. The MG crew had their own rifles and could fight dismounted, fire the MMG from the ground mount also carried or, probably more commonly, fire the MG from the halftrack in support of the dismounted element. The BAR, on the other hand, was primarily designed to accompany the dismounted section on the ground.  

However, in reality, as you say, the weaponry wielded by the AI bore only a passing resemblance to TOE allocations and the addition of BAR's to the TOE in 1945 was probably merely an acknowledgement of the unofficial status quo.

Last edited by gebhk on Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Nino Kano

Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:32 pm
Basical, the BAR has no special rules or the such like the other armies or division in the game. US armoured in Operation Overlord and Beyond the beaches has US armoured div infantry squads as 10 man with the BAR and bazooka. They have to stay in the 1" coherence. The US infantry Div platoons are decided into 2 sections, 7 man rifle and 5 man BAR and act as independent units.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum