Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Brian

DD Sherman question from Dog Green scenario Empty DD Sherman question from Dog Green scenario

Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:43 pm
Hey,

I apologize if this has been answered, but in the Overlord book under the Dog Green Omaha Beach Scenario, the US starting forces indicates that 3xDD Sherman Squadrons are the first wave...should that read platoons instead squadrons? I'm hoping it is Embarassed because I thought (please clarify for me) that a squadron was the equivalent or term used for a British tank company, is that right? That's a lot of tanks to buy... Very Happy

Thanks,
Brian
NTM

DD Sherman question from Dog Green scenario Empty Re: DD Sherman question from Dog Green scenario

Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:00 pm
Not near my book at the moment but I believe it does mean platoon. The term squadron is used in that regard in a number of BG books (& KGN) IIRC.
JayM

DD Sherman question from Dog Green scenario Empty Re: DD Sherman question from Dog Green scenario

Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:59 am
Even worse, in American terms a "squadron" is an Armoured Cavalry term, and applies to a battalion-sized unit. Laughing

I only have the Kursk PDF at the moment, and the term clearly seems to mean "platoon" in that one.
Brian

Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:12 pm
Thanks guys! I thought that was the case!

Brian
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum