Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Ugblud

Question about Assault on Oosterhout scenario in Market Garden supplement Empty Question about Assault on Oosterhout scenario in Market Garden supplement

Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:54 pm
Hi all,
We are looking to put on the Assault on Oosterhout game on at the club next month. In the German list it says Allied Artillery Ammunition Shortage ( see special rules). I've had a look and can't see any reference to this in the supplement. Where does it give details of this special rules? Thanks in advance for any help
Mark
Greebs
Greebs

Question about Assault on Oosterhout scenario in Market Garden supplement Empty Re: Question about Assault on Oosterhout scenario in Market Garden supplement

Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:56 pm
It's listed as an option for the German Army Lists starting on Page 49, under 'HQ'.
Ugblud

Question about Assault on Oosterhout scenario in Market Garden supplement Empty Re: Question about Assault on Oosterhout scenario in Market Garden supplement

Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:12 pm
Fantastic, thanks for your help. I wouldn't have found it otherwise
Greebs
Greebs

Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:27 pm
That's a... worrying admission to make. It's in literally the second place I would have thought to look, and the page over from where the General Special Rules for the supplement are printed as well as repeated three times on pages 49 and 50. It takes an impressive degree of tunnel vision not to spot it Accidentally...
EdwinVDS

Question about Assault on Oosterhout scenario in Market Garden supplement Empty Oosterhout; nebelwerfer / panzerfausts / AT grenades

Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:47 am
Hi,
I can't seem to find the stats for the 320mm Nebelwerfer…. (in this scenario the Germans have a timed strike) not in the basic rules, not Overlord etc... ?

And none of the German infantry (inc the SS) are listed as having any panzerfausts... is this correct?
I know that in some other scenarios it is specifically mentioned if they do have them, but then in other scenarios it's also sometimes specifically mentioned if they don't have them... so I was wondering here...?

also there's no mention of any AT grenades for any infantry (German as well as British)... I notice this is rarely (if ever) mentioned in any scenario...

any thoughts?
thank you!
best regards
edwin

Nazrat
http://jer-toons.com

Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:44 pm
I have always looked at it that if it isn't listed you don't get it. Why would one think otherwise?
EdwinVDS

Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:38 pm
Hi,

in the Market Garden supplement, for example in scenario 3 of the 'bridge too far' mini campaign, it is mentioned that the German grenadier squads 'each have 1 panzerfaust'.
and in scenario 5 it is specifically mentioned that the grenadiers 'have no panzerfaust'...
so I was simply wondering what about when nothing is mentioned... also since I would think it not unlikely that SS infantry in September '44 had some panzerfausts...

and as to the infantry AT grenades; it quasi all army lists it says that infantry 'can take AT grenades' (for an extra 5pts IIRC), but I can't remember seeing them mentioned in any scenario... so also here I was just asking if anyone had any thoughts on the matter..

as it is, we'll probably play that 'if not mentioned' then it isn't there... but we'll see...

edwin

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum