Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Maniac-Eye

Infantry vehicles / Platoon & Squad (Armoured US) Empty Infantry vehicles / Platoon & Squad (Armoured US)

Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:24 am
Hi folks,

one question of using squad or platoon vehicles of infantry.

in a platoon, i can choose a Halftrack für different Units. Can i mix the Units with the vehicles, or can i only get in the originally unit.
For understanding what i mean a Example

Infantry Platoon have following units:
Command Squad (10 men) - may be mounted in an M3
Rifle Squad (10 men) - may be mounted in an M3
Rifle Squad (10 men) - may be mounted in an M3
2 MMG Teams (each 3 men) - may be mounted in an M3
1 Light Mortar Team (3 men - may be mounted in the plattons other verhicles

in this case, i have to take a own M3 i.e. for the MMG Team an cannot mount them in a M3 of i.e. a rifle Squad?

Infrantry Squad:
1 Rifle Squad (10 men) - may be mounted in an M3
1 MMG Team (3 men) - mounted in squads vehicle

in this case i can Take a squad with 1 m3 and transport the mmg team too. (13 men). In the FAQ its okay that american expand the verhicle transport capaticity

sediment
https://sedimentswargameblog.blogspot.co.uk/

Infantry vehicles / Platoon & Squad (Armoured US) Empty Re: Infantry vehicles / Platoon & Squad (Armoured US)

Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:37 am
Personally, I think it might have been too much of a squeeze to put the extra 3 man team plus the weapon and shed loads of ammo into an M3 already loaded with a 10 man squad, with their weapons, personal kit, ammo, etc. You could put both MMG teams and the light mortar team into a single M3 though. I have the same dilemma with an armoured panzer recce platoon I want to use as my 500 points doesn't quite run to paying for an extra 251/1 to transport a tripod MG34, so I'm going to have to drop the team and spend the points elsewhere, maybe beef up the artillery support somehow?

Cheers, ANdy
Aristides

Infantry vehicles / Platoon & Squad (Armoured US) Empty Re: Infantry vehicles / Platoon & Squad (Armoured US)

Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:07 pm
Historically the 2 mmg were in one squad, transported in one Halftrack. [url=http://niehorster.org/013_usa/44_org/div-arm/ad_inf_co.html ]Source[/url]
My solution:
-buying every possible Halftrack
-putting both mmg squads into one
-having the mortar squad in the free one
wolflord
wolflord

Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:18 pm
I also use the historical orginisation for the US Armored Platoon and put both MMG teams into one halftrack.
Piers
Piers
https://battlegroupwargame.forumotion.com

Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:40 pm
Yep... just buy another halftrack for them.
Maniac-Eye

Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:25 pm
okay thx. it's clear now (-; but it's Little differen to infantry squad (box) vs. platoon (-;
lswgunner
lswgunner

Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:34 pm
This dilemma came up this weekend and the German player wanted to know how much an extra 251/1 cost to carry his extra teams? I found the Halftrack at +8 points and trucks are +4. I cannot find German halftracks 251/1 . Anyone help?
lswgunner
lswgunner

Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:00 pm
After searching for the 251/1 halftrack points I finally found them in the Fall of the Reich book. 8 points same as US M3 if any wants to know for future reference.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum