Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
wolflord
wolflord

Hidden Units Empty Hidden Units

Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:43 pm
On the old Guild forum was a post, decribing a house rule concerning hidden units. I liked these rule, but unfortunaly i made no copy. Could someone post these rules again?

Many thanks in advance.

Greetings
Wolflord
Powermonger
Powermonger
http://www.thewargamespot.com

Hidden Units Empty Re: Hidden Units

Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:05 am
This is my House rule for Hidden troops, which I posted to the Guild. They are a modification of exisiting rules already written in BG Blitzkrieg (Scenario "death of a prince")

“hidden”. They are physically deployed on the table, but with a “hidden marker” (a white counter in our case). That means that they cannot be targeted with aimed fire (area fire is ok) from more than 10 inches (20 inches for scout units) away until discovered. Also, they are treated as if were 1 level of cover more than they are until discovered. The hidden marker is removed when the hidden troops move or fire or when successfully observed by the enemy (at 10/20 inches).
Only usable in attack-defence scenario.

Hope it´s useful for you.

Regards,

Diego
wolflord
wolflord

Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:00 pm
Absolutly Diego, that helps a lot. Muchas gracias! Smile

Greetings
Wolflord
Fitz
Fitz
http://mojobob.com

Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:14 pm
We do basically the same thing, but use a numbered marker instead of the actual models until they are revealed. Also, in some scenarios, we give a defender a number of dummy markers, so a marker might or might not actually be dangerous. We get a lot of "recon by fire".
Stuart J
Stuart J

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:29 pm
We use scatter terrain for these so you can be sure if that innocent looking farm cart or pile of rubble isn't hiding something nasty......adds to the tension Cool
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum