Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Curtis Cook

Using reaction commands on your turn Empty Using reaction commands on your turn

Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:14 pm
The rules say you can only use reaction orders on your opponent's turn. Something we've been doing from the start is 'pre-emptive' use of reaction orders. As an example:
It's the end of my turn. With my final command chit I order one of my units to shoot at an enemy unit. They use an Ambush order to fire another of their units at my firer before it can fire. What we've been allowing up to this point is for me to fire one of my ambushers at his ambusher. It now looks like that is illegal.
Similarly, on my turn one of their units fires at one of my units using an Ambush order. If my unit had a Reaction Move chit we've been allowing it to pre-emptively move away before the ambusher could fire. This also now appears to be illegal.

True?
Stuart J
Stuart J

Using reaction commands on your turn Empty Re: Using reaction commands on your turn

Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:36 am
Not illegal: if you have a unit on ambush orders you can countermand that and use it to fire in your turn - naturally you lose the ambush order by doing so. Yes, you can 'ambush' an ambusher this way!

Curtis Cook likes this post

paulm

Using reaction commands on your turn Empty Re: Using reaction commands on your turn

Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:39 pm
Page 16 of the latest ruleset explicitly mentions that Ambush Fire can be used in the player's own turn? Example given is to interrupt an enemy Reserve Move. I read that as that an existing Ambush Fire order can be used on your own turn. Also, page 14 mentions "Any unit that is issued a Reaction Order will usually not act in its own turn" (my emphasis).
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum