Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Wellington
Wellington

Definition of "Turn" Empty Definition of "Turn"

Mon May 07, 2018 12:08 am
Hi!

Perhaps it a problem of not beeing a non-native speaker ...

I'm a little confised about the definition of turn. Is a "turn" only the turn of one player or the pair of turns by each player? I always un derstood that each players turn is a single turn.

In some scenarios its sometimes not clear for me how "turn" is used. Especially counting the turns of the reinforcements, it seems a players turn is only a half turn.

So lets assume the attacker starts with the first turn

- the dust roll in tobruk results in a 5 -> the dust comes in game turn 5, which is the start of the attackers 3 turn
- reinforcement start on attackers 2 turn -> means game turn 3
- reinforcement start on turn 2 -> means game turn 2 and defenders turn 1

And examples from the scenarios
- in scenario Hexenkessel, the attacker takes first turn, but "from the beginning of turn 2, start rolling for the attacker's reserve unit" -> but turn 2 should be defenders turn 1, why roll for attackers reserves
- scenario break out, the attacker takes first turn, but at start of turn 2, the attacker can place units and from start of turn 3 the defender can place units -> but turn 2 should be defenders turn 1 and turn 3 should be attackers turn 2. Is actually meant on attackers turn 2 (game turn 3) and defender turn 3 (game turn 6)

I'm completly confused ...
pzivh43
pzivh43

Definition of "Turn" Empty Re: Definition of "Turn"

Mon May 07, 2018 12:18 am
Wellington,

The rules do mix up a game turn and a player turn, so it can be confusing. However, in a game turn, each player gets to give their units orders and rally.

So, in the Hexenkessel scenario, the attacker only moves his initial units on his Turn 1. The the defender can move his units. When the defender is done, Turn 1 is over, and play moves to the attacker's Turn 2.

Hope that helps.

Mike
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum