Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
bunguster

Forming up a section after disembarking from carriers Empty Forming up a section after disembarking from carriers

Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:57 pm
Hi folks, I've been playing BG for about 2 months now and I'm really excited by these rules ane the plausible tactical niceties that come with it.
This is such a useful and knowledgeable forum that has enabled me to sort out virtually all of my queries that inevitably arise in a game.
However I do have one question that I can't find a definitive answer to.
If I deploy a British section in three carriers it would take three orders to move them, which I understand and is fine.
Now when I disembark them from their carriers would they form up as an infantry section taking one order to move, fire etc.
Or do they remain as three manouvre elements thereafter?

My own thoughts are that they should be a single section (if the CO wishes) to move and fire under one order whilst on foot.
It would tend to make close assaults even on a pinned enemy very down to dice luck if you could only go in with a three man team.

Interested what others feel about this as it would be similar for other armies with motorcycle sections mounted on three separate transports.

Best Regards
Paul C
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum