Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ctcitadel
ctcitadel

Ammunition rules and assistance Empty Ammunition rules and assistance

Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:21 pm
Hey folks hope all are well

My group doesn't seem to use Ammo rules but I feel they should be used

Does it seem like most players do or don't keep track of Ammo?

Has anyone seen or use an innovative way to keep track?

Arguments against I hear is...if tracked with counters...too much clutter on table

If tracked on paper too much book keeping haha

Cant win

o7
Craig
Phil Robinson

Ammunition rules and assistance Empty Re: Ammunition rules and assistance

Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:10 pm
Never have a lot of armour so book keeping not an issue, it’s just remembering to cross it off. A double micro dice holder on a base surrounded by clump foliage doesn’t look too intrusive.
pzivh43
pzivh43

Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:39 pm
I have same problem. Like markers more than bookkeeping. One other thought is to ignore ammo for those vehicles with a decent amount, but track those that have more limited onboard ammo.
Phil Robinson

Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:25 am
I have just recalled this method I have that was used for large games by a member on the old Guild forum
When using an open fire order ( firing main gun twice) roll 2D6
Ammo supply of vehicle 1-2 out of ammo on 7+ , 3-4 out of ammo on 8+ , 5-7 9+ , 8-10 10+, 11-12 11+, 12+ 12
Stuart J
Stuart J

Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:05 pm
My group doesn't like them except in certain scenario specific situations, as they are more of a nuisance than anything else. In the real world, loading up with ammo before going into battle is a second nature as grabbing your car keys before you leave the house, and it was standard procedure across all armies to pull armor back to a harbor area behind the infantry each night where they could refuel, rearm and perform essential maintenance. And of course for most of the war battle tanks were able to carry enormous amounts of small caliber main gun shells: even when we get up to the bigger 75mm shells all the M4 series were capable of carrying 90+ rounds, as were the Tigers - more than enough for the time frame represented in our table top battles. And should one ever run short, the chances of an ammunition truck parked conveniently 1/4 of a mile away (and presumably in radio communication with said tank) are worse than my chances of winning the lottery (or drawing an air strike counter when I need one).

https://www.forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=169375

Far more likely that an infantry platoon (who have to carry everything they need about their person, would run low on ammo), in which case proper use is made of the Bren Carrier (bullets up, bodies back) kettenrad or jeep. We don't record expenditure for them, but do allow the low ammo counter to be played on infantry and have them resupplied in action.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum