Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Nino Kano

AA fire vs timed airstrike Empty AA fire vs timed airstrike

Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:07 am
The other day I had a game where 2 anti aircraft guns on ambush when a kind air strike call Rob. Before the plane activated ambush bar was done by 1 of the AA guns and hit the the aircraft causing it wave off. My question is could II anti aircraft gun fire and attempt knockout the aircraft? And if so with the opposing player have how to draw a chit?

(
Atkins

AA fire vs timed airstrike Empty Re: AA fire vs timed airstrike

Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:27 am
Not sure if this is a rule or house rule, but IIRC we announce all our ambush fire before the first shot, so we would apply this to an aircraft. One would declare that both guns are firing, perhaps wasting one.

Pedro
Powermonger
Powermonger
http://www.thewargamespot.com

Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:36 pm
Ideally, all ambush fires against a single target must be declared beforehand.
Nino Kano

Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:53 pm
Grrrr.....you both just misfired on my question.
When the "TIMED AIRSTRIKE" comes in and takes a hit from 2 AA guns that are on ambush, does the plane disengage after the first hit and so the second AA doesn't get to fire? If, it does fire and take out the plane WILL this cause a chit pull? And to be clear this is for a "Timed Airstrike"
Ruuhkis

Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:49 am
I think that if both guns get to fire (are fired simultaneously) then chit is taken if either gun drops the plane. If you resolve ambushfire gun by gun then the 2nd gun may not get to shoot at all but it keeps the ambushfire order since the plane flew away before the gun get to shoot? Is this what you meant?
Nino Kano

Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:55 pm
Yup, thanks. This caused a big argument last weekend. When a time airstrike came in and one of the players had 2 German quad 20mm AA on ambush and ended up with 3, hits on the plane shootings it down. That's when the argument started. I finally ruled it as a chit pull due to. 1) the difficulty of shooting down a plane. 2) the timed airstrike causes a chit pull if successful and 3) it would effect the troops morale to see one of their planes crash and burn.
Nazrat
http://jer-toons.com

Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:34 pm
You were correct! ANY time a plane is shot down it causes a chit to be pulled. Why would a timed air strike be any different? And I would play it that both guns get to fire if they were on ambush. They fire simultaneously and even if the plane breaks after the first shot it's still there, albeit scared and trying to head for home. It doesn't magically teleport out of the sky so it would take the second shot.
Nino Kano

Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:42 pm
It was something that hasn't happened before in one of our games. It was turn one and had little effect on the game. Rough when a game starts with a heated debate. But everyone calmed once the tanks started rolling in.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum