Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Pan i Władca

Fire / Ambush fire and ofc Movment  Empty Fire / Ambush fire and ofc Movment

Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:48 am
Good Morning Lads,

I have few question after our last game - could You be so kind and help me ?

- when i gave open fire order to my tank and mark truck <with infantry inside > i fired two times - but i destroy truck in first attempt - is second shot lost or i can redirect it to already disembark infantry ?
- when i have guns with ambush fire - and then some enemy reinforcer arrived - should i treat them as moved ? <for "fire " purpose and similarly if they fire are they treat as "moved" even when they fire two times ?> - i am not sure how to treat reinforcement units - they appear on battlefield but have 2 orders ...

Thanks in advance !
Gunbird
Gunbird

Fire / Ambush fire and ofc Movment  Empty Re: Fire / Ambush fire and ofc Movment

Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:02 am
-second shot lost. Just look at it as pumping in another round for good measure.

-count as moved. You don't just teleport onto the battlefield, this isn't 40K
Piers
Piers
https://battlegroupwargame.forumotion.com

Fire / Ambush fire and ofc Movment  Empty Re: Fire / Ambush fire and ofc Movment

Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:18 am
Up to you how to treat units arriving.

Some count them as having moved for firing penalties, others don't.
Atkins

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:08 am
Hi

Page 49, Rule Book, "Being placed on the table edge does not count as an order or as moving" for reserves.

Atkins.
Piers
Piers
https://battlegroupwargame.forumotion.com

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:17 pm
Yep... doesn't stop others counting them as moving though.
Gunbird
Gunbird

Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:44 pm
Piers wrote:Yep... doesn't stop others counting them as moving though.

Cool
Nazrat
http://jer-toons.com

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:35 pm
I certainly count them as moving, regardless of the rule. I agree with Gunbird's assessment-- not getting a movement penalty for arriving units is VERY 40K!
sediment
https://sedimentswargameblog.blogspot.co.uk/

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:53 pm
We used to count them as moving, but now play with the rules as written.

Cheers, Andy
Warwick
Warwick

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:31 pm
The rule is for simplicity, its just far easier to assume, that with no order required to 'arrive' on the table, a unit has not moved. Well, it has, but not so that is counts for movement penalties. Otherwise, the opposite starts to create more problems (and did in playtesting), units that arrive, but require an order, which you don't want to use on them (or haven't got), so they are 'here' but not on the table, and can therefore spends turns in a strange limbo, until you really want it, and suddenly, like zepodee, it appears, just as you'd like it too! Far easier to just say, put the model on the table and go from there, If you don't spend a order, well, its just there, not moving... but can still be hit be enemy IDF fire etc... sometimes rules are just to keep it simple and the game flowing... we tried demanding that reinforcements take an compulsary order to move onto the table, but that made them a nightmare, a lot of reinforcements show and cripple you for a turn, and instead of being a good thing, cost you the game.

But I have no issue if people want to count that 'appearing' as movement. I just can't be bogged with the extra remembering, once on the table, treat it like any other unit. If it didn't get a order to move, it didn't move.
wolflord
wolflord

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:48 pm
A very interesting insight! Many thanks for sharing, Warwick! Very Happy
Tau1850

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:02 pm
Why not just go to them as moved just for shooting purposes, Just like how infantry are treated when they disembark? Think that kinds sovles it.
I can see some bring in reserves and not getting to give orders to them and watching next turn as they get rendered combat in affective. But better g counted as moving for shooting purposes can get at least a little comfort. While also at the same time being able to give orders to them if they want.
Warwick
Warwick

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:13 am
Mainly because that is just an extra rule that isn't really necessary. An exception to the usual, move order - counts as moving system, and thus is easier and quicker and game flows a bit better if you donlt go with too many exceptions to the basic rules. But like I said, not bothered if players feel they want that rule... I just don't think it adds anything.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum