Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Ruuhkis

2 Questions, 1 for on-table artillery and one for vehicle morale. Empty 2 Questions, 1 for on-table artillery and one for vehicle morale.

Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:02 pm
Hello again!

Like title said, I have 2 questions.

1. I need some clarification about on-table artillery bought from "Artillery units". If I get 2 Sextons can they use supressive/aimed fire just like other tanks or are they only capable to fire indirect artillery fire? And if they are capable to use supressive fire do they need a line of sight to location they're firing at? Is it possible just shoot some target anywhere on the table needing 3+ to cause coversave?

2. About those nasty german 20mm autocannons against my beloved Shermans… They can penetrate Shermans armour with AP (AP 2 against K needs 11 on 2D6) but more likely get glancing hit and cause a morale test since tank didn't get destroyed. Now on morale section it says: Armoured vehicles don't have to test morale against hits from Small arms. 20mm guns are listed under the "Small arms rate of fire" chart so I assume they're Small arms. But do I need to test morale against their hits if I survive the hit in the first Place?

Thanks in advance!
Powermonger
Powermonger
http://www.thewargamespot.com

2 Questions, 1 for on-table artillery and one for vehicle morale. Empty Re: 2 Questions, 1 for on-table artillery and one for vehicle morale.

Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:05 pm
1. Yes, you can fire direct (aimed or supressive) if you have LOS. If you don´t have LOS, you can´t.
2. yes, your Sherman rolls for moral as if were a non-penetrating hit from an AP shot.
SAJ4211

2 Questions, 1 for on-table artillery and one for vehicle morale. Empty Re: 2 Questions, 1 for on-table artillery and one for vehicle morale.

Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:14 pm
1. Direct 'aimed' and 'suppresive' fire requires LOS
2. German 20mm autocannon has a small arms ROF for shooting infantry, but if firing at a vehicle has a ROF 1 using it's AP value (There's a good write-up in the recent FAQ on how autocannons work)
Ruuhkis

Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:33 pm
Thanks for the answers!

Is FAQ in Facebook?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum