Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
triccor2

Sniper fever Empty Sniper fever

Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:27 pm
Hi,
just to know the way the Battlegroup community manage it: it is clear to me that a sniper can select the casualties due to its fire; so for example an mg gunner or an AT gun gunner, but what does it means? That the mg/ AT gun are not able to fire anymore?

Thanks in advance,
Triccor2
dead1

Sniper fever Empty Re: Sniper fever

Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:38 am
Yup the Machine Gun is out of action. Even worse when it's an officer (loss of +1 to orders).
triccor2

Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:24 am
Thanks for the quick answer! Ok for mg team and officer, but it is the same for anti-gun gunner and, generally speaking, for all the guns? If the sniper chooses to kill the gunner, is the gun no more available to continue the battle?

Cheers
Triccor2
dead1

Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:53 am
Hi,

Didn't even think about the AT gunner.

I didn't think the rule applied to crew served weapons as there is no assigned roles unlike a squad LMG or PIAT or Officer. Crew served weapons nominally includes a heavy machine guns so I wouldn't think it applied to an ATG or MMG/HMG.

Maybe my initial answer was wrong.

Piers? Warwick? HELP!
Warwick
Warwick

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:19 am
It only applies were it is relevant, so if their is an officer or special weapon, you can target them, but against heavy weapons teams it means zippo, just 1 guy. The other guys are still fighting (assuming they passed the morale test). You could, for example, target a platoon HQs officer, or the guy carrying the panzerfaust, or an attached medic (a bit evil!)... but if there is no 'special' target, then its just 1 guy as per normal.

Hope that helps a bit
triccor2

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:13 am
Thanks a lot!

So I assume that man-packed weapon ( lmg team, piat, bazooka team...) and at/infantry gun continue to fight, with the malus due to a member killed by sniper.

Again, top class forum and rulebook!/

Triccor2
ColonelBob

Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:25 pm
No bazooka or Piat are special weapons, so they are out of the game; that's what I read in Warwicks post.
triccor2

Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:33 pm
Eh, that's the heritage of many years playing WH40k, where special weapons are one-man weapons as meltagun, plasmagun and so on.

ColonelBob, maybe you are right: piat, bazooka, squad bipod lmg, AT rifle, flamethrow, bren and so on are special weapons as well.  AT gun and mmg/hmg team would be not impacted by sniper special ability by the way.

Last edited by triccor2 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Warwick
Warwick

Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:58 pm
Yep, let the snipe take out the LNG gunner, flamethrower dude, bazooka guy... that is what the special rule is for really. Yes, I know somebody else could pick it up, but lets assume that if the first guy was drilled by a sniper, they don;t! Then the sniper might (only might) get to do something a bit characterful. Personally the time when the senior officer was shot dead at 40" by a sniper team and it broke his force for the 2 chits taken was the best sniper moment I ever witnessed... needed a 6, but if you don't try you cant get lucky - bad luck on Colonel Jones.
Atkins

Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:04 am
Hi

Yes, one could argue that there is a 5/6 chance that a MG Gnr shot in a pillbox will drop the gun inside and some one could pick it up. One could also say that if one is shot in the open then another team member , having passed a Unit Experience Test, could pick it up, thus giving the sniper a chance of a "Beyond the call of Duty" test for a second shot. All great fun, but rather complicated (though perhaps rather in the spirit of the game) and we have only considered 2 out of the 5 forms of cover!

Atkins
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum