Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Wellington
Wellington

Any Plans for Book about the Invasion of Sicily and Italy ? Empty Any Plans for Book about the Invasion of Sicily and Italy ?

Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:24 pm
Hi!

Is there a book for Sicily and Italy in planning?

Cheers

Wellington
NTM

Any Plans for Book about the Invasion of Sicily and Italy ? Empty Re: Any Plans for Book about the Invasion of Sicily and Italy ?

Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:10 pm
It's certainly one Warwick and Piers want to do but looks like Stalingrad is the next one.
Powermonger
Powermonger
http://www.thewargamespot.com

Any Plans for Book about the Invasion of Sicily and Italy ? Empty Re: Any Plans for Book about the Invasion of Sicily and Italy ?

Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:40 pm
Next book will be Case Blau & Stalingrad.
TulOne
TulOne

Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:19 am
Any anticpation about the presence of an italian CSIR / ARMIR Army List that includes the peculiar Celere (fast) division or the Alpini mountain troops? Shocked

Of course, like Wellington, I'm interested too in the italian campaign... Sicily, Salerno, Cassino and fighting on the Gothic line...
Looking forward for this forthcoming project patiently and hopefully!

Cheers
MikeRC97

Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:50 pm
Powermonger wrote:Next book will be Case Blau & Stalingrad.

Is that confirmed? I’ve been hoping a 1942 Eastern Front supplement would get released eventually but I can’t find anything on the PSC page or on Warwick’s blog about this.
Powermonger
Powermonger

Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:45 pm
Oh yes. Confirmed.
MikeRC97

Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:04 pm
Powermonger wrote:Oh yes. Confirmed.

Where did you see the announcement? I haven’t seen anything on the PSC site or Facebook page, nothing on Warwick’s blog either (I would have expected to see some test batreps or something similar).
Powermonger
Powermonger

Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:04 pm
I chat with Warwick / Piers regularly.
Also, there was a fbook post recently.
MikeRC97

Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:34 pm
Powermonger wrote:I chat with Warwick / Piers regularly.
Also, there was a fbook post recently.

Thank you, I missed the fb post - that’s great news.
Nazrat
http://jer-toons.com

Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:35 pm
Here is the Facebook post in all its glory--

Well its been a while but I can finally fill the group in on the future of Battlegroup!
Firstly, the Ten Year Plan that Warwick devised is back underway, and we hope to have four books out in the next two years to finish the series that was originally planned back in 2012. Warwick, with me in tow, will be starting work on these right away.
So for those wondering its gonna look something like this...
Battlegroup Stalingrad - 1942 Ost Front Supplement
Battlegroup Cassino - 1943 to 1945 Italian Front Supplement
Battlegroup Bagration - 1944 Ost Front Supplement
Battlegroup Westwall - Late 1944 Western Front Supplement
These four books will close the original ten year series of books that was envisioned when the game was created.
However this won't be where the Battlegroup story will finish.
PSC are currently developing a further ten year plan to increase the scope and materials available to Battlegroup players and the community. The next wave of books will likely follow a slightly different format, with a focus on historical scenario packs - the provisionally titled 'Battlegroup Firefight' series - which will aim to provide players with scenarios based on various theatres of the war.
PSC also want to know what the community want to see from the game in the future. Do you feel there are other theatres of the war that need supplements? Perhaps Winter War needs its own book or perhaps the early fighting in the Far East needs coverage?
If you have any ideas, feel free to comment with them as PSC are genuinely interested and want to take on-board the community's ideas and suggestions as they aim to ensure Battlegroup has a long and vibrant future.
Sturmpioneer

Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:38 am
So glad to read Warwick is still interested in the series. I have amassed to date all that I interested in but some of these other titles look awesome. BTW long time lurker I used KodiakZodiac as my username on the old forum.

As a side note, I have to admit the photo selections in the books have been fantastic. Are you involved in that Piers?
Wellington
Wellington

Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:27 pm
Excellent news!!!!

I sent a list with my wishes  to santa

Syria and Iraq
Madagaskar
Greece
Wellington
Wellington

Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:25 am
Is the planning still valid? Next one Italia?
Sponsored content