Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
lswgunner
lswgunner

Battlegroup Northag Question Empty Battlegroup Northag Question

Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:12 pm
Hi,
As there isn't( yet) a sub section for asking questions on NORTHAG I thought I would ask it here. Anyhow I am planning to play my first game this weekend by dusting off my 6mm. I see as the rules are written that the Soviets only get planned artillery and cannot use artillery during the battle. Not something I agree with but hey.
So why in the lists does it give you an option to upgrade your mortar spotter to an artillery spotter when he will be entirely useless in the game.?
Am i missing something ?
Has something been omitted from the army lists?
I would have thought at least 122mm batteries would have been able to called upon as its a battalion level game .. right?
Anyone in know able to answer this question as like to know cheers.
pondering
Gordon
lswgunner
lswgunner

Battlegroup Northag Question Empty Re: Battlegroup Northag Question

Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:42 pm
Hi,
I think i have found the reason why you would want to upgrade a mortar observer to an artillery observer as in the reinforcement list you get to re roll artillery for reinforcement . I just to have retrain my brain in not having organic attached artillery in my battlegroup when playing. No calling in artillery only mortars.
I have played my first game and we played as per the scenario in the book and we deployed in the quarter triangles of the board. This was chosen by the Brit player to restrict my movement . He had out scouted me big style as he chosen a Gazelle which gave him +3.
This he promptly did by dropping 105mm and 81mm mortars on me for the first three moves and pinning most of my vanguard. He decided to pay most of his points on forward screen so he was tied down to his deployment area. I had paid for a vital objective which was on reflection a mistake as I it dropped randomly in his deployment area and every round I hadn't taken it I had to take a chit.
Well the long and short of it the game rattled along at 12 moves and I ran him slowly out of tanks and he failed his BR. So all in all good game and a win to the soviets. The Brits however are rock hard..

Questions are why are 82mm mortars in the list when CAT A formations rarely had them if at all, when mostly given to light formations like paras etc..?
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum