Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Hobson

Assaults, combined. Empty Assaults, combined.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:10 pm
Third game, so still learning. A player on my side manoeuvred his platoon to deliver an assault on a German position. This should have allowed two sections to assault the German position simultaneously. But we could not work out how to achieve this. So the question is can a number of sections from the same platoon (or any attached supporting elements such as armour) combine to assault an enemy position, achieving numerical superiority? Also if each section does have to activate and attack independently how does the target unit respond? I hope that makes sense. As ever grateful for guidance.

Regards

Mike
Powermonger
Powermonger
http://www.thewargamespot.com

Assaults, combined. Empty Re: Assaults, combined.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:46 pm
HI Mike:

Each unit resolves its order one at a time. So, there is no mechanism at present in the rules for combined assaults.
Given the way close assaults work in the game, it is almost folly to assault an unpinned enemy in cover.
So, you wil most of the time attack a pinned unit. And for attacking a pinned enemy (who cannot fight back) in close assault a single attacking unit is more than enough.

If you have more units in the attack, all units will try to put supressing fire on the enemy first, until its pinned. Then close assault with a single unit. Which, most of the time, will be enough to deal with the pinned defenders.

Hobson

Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:24 pm
Thanks for coming back. That's how we read it but just wanted to make sure we got it right. You are certainly right about assaulting non pinned units, my fellow player attacked a German section, won, but hardly a figure left standing!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum