Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
b_prokop

How many squads can you take? Empty How many squads can you take?

Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:44 am
Hello, I couldn't find an answer in the rule book other than the ad-hoc platoon in fall of the Reich. How many platoons can you take at each level? As far as I know there is no limit on vehicles but there is a minimum and a maximum for infantry and it seems that minus the loss of officers you can just take a ton of squads to pad out your infantry core and possibly go above what should be allowed in the game. Different platoons are made up of different amounts of teams so is the squad to platoon for Germans 3:1 while for Russians 4:1?. What about the maximum number of British carrier sections that can be taken? Any help and clarification would be appreciated.
OvS

How many squads can you take? Empty Re: How many squads can you take?

Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:20 am
In my rulebook is on page no. 10 is an overview.
Wingfield-Haze

Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:48 am
You can find restrictions on infantry numbers at the beginning of the Army Lists for each supplement, for FOTR its pg41. I suppose for ad-hoc squads so long as you do not exceed the platoon values, for each, generally 4 squads, less command if they are mixed units, you should be playing with the right numbers. Of course you can take a platoon from any German army list (late war I suggest for authenticity).

A British Carrier section is listed as' Restricted' and details of those limits can be found on pg 107 of the hardback Rule book.
Powermonger
Powermonger
http://www.thewargamespot.com

Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:44 am
If yo buy individual squads, add them up (3 or 4 to a platoon) to sort out how many platoons they are, and if they fit within the minimum/maximums per game level.
This has been answered by Warwick himself in the past.

Best regards,

Diego
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum