Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Gun-Pit Paul

Cost of Dingo Empty Cost of Dingo

Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:49 pm
I am just wondering why the cost of the Dingo (and Humber) scout cars are 13 pts in the Canadian list in the 'Rulebook', and only 6 pts in the 'Overlord' book?

Paul
wolflord
wolflord

Cost of Dingo Empty Re: Cost of Dingo

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:29 pm
They are too cheap in Overlord. The cost for them is 11 points in Overlord and 16 in Torch.
Owain30
Owain30

Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:03 pm
Yeah there points costing is ridiculous at 6pts with a pintle mount (RoF5). Why bother taking a HMG team with a platoon for 18-24pts (don't have book to hand) and are bullet proof? When these guys are to hand and add to your recce total. When playing brits I always take 2. and park atleast one at the back in cover in reserver move on a road. If a FHQ ever pops his head out , then at the end of turn its a 48" move and a bullet riddled FHQ.
Greebs
Greebs

Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:40 pm
Owain30 wrote:Yeah there points costing is ridiculous at 6pts with a pintle mount (RoF5). Why bother taking a HMG team with a platoon for 18-24pts (don't have book to hand) and are bullet proof?  When these guys are to hand and add to your recce total. When playing brits I always take 2. and park atleast one at the back in cover in reserver move on a road. If a FHQ ever pops his head out , then at the end of turn its a 48" move and a bullet riddled FHQ.

In what book is the Dingo classified as having a pintle mounted MG?

In both the rulebook and Overlord: BTB, it's classified as a hull mounted LMG. Firepower 2.

More importantly, even if it is classified as such somewhere, the hell kind of gamey nonsense is taking a Bren as having it's firepower more than Doubled by strapping it to the top of an armoured car?

Edit: The humber scout Does have a pintle, buuut it's ALSO classified as an LMG, because, lest we forget, it's a forking Bren gun. Firepower 2.
Owain30
Owain30

Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:53 pm
Yes I was referring to the scout car. HA and you're right I missed it was an "LMG pintle" I was originally look at the quick sheet in the back and the only reference it makes to pintles ROF5. But no yeah much more sensible at RoF2 !
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum