Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Forrester
Forrester

Finally cracked Empty Finally cracked

Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:59 am
After years of watching from afar, and appreciating Piers' photos, I finally bought the Battlegroup rule book, thanks to the recent PSC sale weekend.

And because one thing always leads to another, I'm now awaiting Beyond the Beaches, Normandy being my favourite bit, though unfortunately I understand the Airborne and 21st Panzer lists aren't in that half of the original Overlord book.

Also ordered a set of MDF BR chits, as I wanted something more durable than the cutout card ones in the book, and I worked out it wasn't actually cheaper than buying laser cut blank bases and adding numbers myself.

I despise myself for being tempted by shiny boxes and glossy beautifully produced books, but I can live with that.

It'll take a while to absorb the system but I like what I see so far.
NTM

Finally cracked Empty Re: Finally cracked

Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:46 am
Welcome.
If you want Airborne lists get Market Garden. If you don't you'll only regret it when it goes oop.
Piers
Piers
https://battlegroupwargame.forumotion.com

Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:30 am
Gosh... I almost feel bad for the temptation...

Nah... I don't. Smile
Nazrat
http://jer-toons.com

Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:04 pm
Well, -I- feel bad, but it may have been the sausages were off this morning...
Forrester
Forrester

Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:14 pm
NTM wrote:Welcome.
If you want Airborne lists get Market Garden. If you don't you'll only regret it when it goes oop.

Very wise, so Ive just ordered a copy. Things can disappear usually at the precise moment you decide you want them. And the books are so nice..
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum