Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
El Cid
El Cid
http://www.silent-night-games.at

Patrol Reperacyjny Empty Patrol Reperacyjny

Sun May 20, 2018 3:40 pm
In the French Blitzkrieg Battlegroups I found Repair Vehicles (Engineer Support Units), Special Rules: Vehicle Repair, Vehicle Recovery.
The Belgians have a Recovery Vehicle (Engineer Support Units), Special Rules: Vehicle Recovery.
The British also have Repair Vehicle (Engineer Support Units), Special Rules: Vehicle Repair.
And finally - the Germans have a Repair Vehicle, the Famo, Special Rules: Vehicle Recovery, Vehicle Repair.

Only the Polish Battlegroup has none.
But why so ?

Cause: each Pluton Czolgow (Tank Platoon) had one,
for instance the Tankettes had a Recovery Vehicle, a TKS with MG and trailer.

Could someone, maybe you, Piers, provide the possibility to officially field one in the Polish Battlegroup too ?
Including Points (12 - 18) and BR (1 - 2) ?

http://wp39.struktury.net/10-dywizjon-rozpoznawczy-czolgow-1939.html
http://wp39.struktury.net/dywizjon-pancerny-1939-szwadron-czolgow-rozpoznawczych.html

I think it's no unreasonable demand (since every other Battlegroup already received it).

thanks in advance

Last edited by El Cid on Tue May 22, 2018 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
El Cid
El Cid

Patrol Reperacyjny Empty Re: Patrol Reperacyjny

Sun May 20, 2018 6:16 pm
additional info:

the Tankettes had a Repair Vehicle, the bigger tanks a Recovery and Repair Vehicle with a crane

so the vehicle of the Tankettes could be like the Scammell Pioneer (Vehicle Repair), but with a machine gun (like a normal TKS),

the crane should have both Special Rules (Vehicle Repair & Vehicle Recovery) like for instance the Famo (and had no armament at all)
gebhk

Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:02 pm
El Cid wrote:additional info:

the Tankettes had a Repair Vehicle, the bigger tanks a Recovery and Repair Vehicle with a crane

so the vehicle of the Tankettes could be like the Scammell Pioneer (Vehicle Repair), but with a machine gun (like a normal TKS),

the crane should have both Special Rules (Vehicle Repair & Vehicle Recovery) like for instance the Famo (and had no armament at all)

I am not sure that this is entirely correct. Virtually all armoured platoons had 'rep' patrols. Specifically:
TK3/TKS - one of their own with a trailer carrying 2 mechanics, one of whom, was also the driver
7TP and Vickers - a wz 34 halftrack truck with POL trailer, 2 mechanics plus driver
Armoured cars - truck with POL trailer, 2 mechanics plus driver
also
Motorbike platoon - special motorbike, 2 mechanics, one also driver

Other motorised units - ie motorised cavalry, artillery etc had reps held at company/squadron level or higher. They consisted, usually, of a driver and 2 mechanics mounted on a Polski Fiat 508 pickup. However all the 'rep patrols' were there to carry out the very simplest repairs and carried limited supplies of POL and ammunition. They would have struggled to evacuate their charges if damaged beyond their limited means.

For this reason transporters were provided at company/squadron level or higher for armour. These consisted of specially adapted flatbed trucks for the TKs and tank transporter trailers towed by C7Ps for the tanks proper. There were no cranes for this purpose - oddly, the Polish army had no wreckers and broken down wheeled vehicles (including armoured cars) were simply dragged behind others of their kind or trucks (with two vehicles doing the dragging in tandem if necessary) or where possible (ie motorbikes) manually lifted onto the back of a truck. The C7Ps were equipped with a powerful winch to drag tanks onto the trailer but immobilised TKs were dragged onto the transporter trucks by rope and tackle I presume. Nothing analogous to the Scammell Pioneer or Famo with crane I'm afraid.

Bestest
K
gebhk

Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:04 pm
PS: just so happens that a chap is converting a 1/72 PF 621 into a TKS transporter, based on period technical drawings apparently. Have a gander on the FtF Facebook site. I was almost right about the method of pulling an immobile TK onto the platform. There was a gearbox mounted on the front end of the platform with manual cranks and a spreader bar to attach a cable from the gearbox to the front of the tank. Now I know what those hooks on the front of the tank were for Laughing
El Cid
El Cid

Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:09 am
since I'm not able to find it ..... could you please send me a link ?
gebhk

Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:18 pm
www.facebook.com/ftf1939/

I've always been lazy and accessed it via the Henk of Holland website.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum