Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Colonel White

Not So Unique  Empty Not So Unique

Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:30 pm
Normally I would agree with the treatment of the "Unique " trait on most vehicles. The one that doesn't agree with me is the treatment of the Bishop . Over 140 of these oddities were built and some survived into the Italian campaign . So for me as long as the engagement was El  Alamein and beyond , I would not disagree about a second model being employed to form in effect a small battery to match the treatment of the Priests. Anyway for the Germans I wouldn't object if guys wanted to double up on say the Dianas ,Stugs or Panzer 2 Bisons.. I don't think any of these are game changers and finally additional Marders perhaps could be allowed if one was fielding the 15th Panzer Division in 1942 . The only vehicle category I wouldn't be keen to increase is that of the Tiger. For obvious reasons too many of these would spoil the game at this period .
Powermonger
Powermonger
http://www.thewargamespot.com

Not So Unique  Empty Re: Not So Unique

Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:07 pm
Army list are a guideline, not holy words. Feel free to mod them as you see fit (agreed beforehand with your opponent).
On Tigers: Try fielding a platoon of 3 Tigers and you will lose most of the games. A lot of points invested in things that SURELY would be breakdowned & minestriked. Or subject to constant pinning by puny area shots from stuarts.
Colonel White

Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:39 pm
Powermonger wrote:Army list are a guideline, not holy words. Feel free to mod them as you see fit (agreed beforehand with your opponent).
On Tigers: Try fielding a platoon of 3 Tigers and you will lose most of the games. A lot of points invested in things that SURELY would be breakdowned & minestriked. Or subject to constant pinning by puny area shots from stuarts.

I have just ordered some more Stuarts ! Laughing
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum