Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Louis17

Wacht am Rhein - Breakthrough at Lanzerath - Armoured jeep crew? Empty Wacht am Rhein - Breakthrough at Lanzerath - Armoured jeep crew?

Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:31 am
Hello,

I have a question about the American list for scenario Breakthrough at Lanzerath. In the historical scenario the US list contains, next to the 20 men, a dug-in Armoured Jeep with .50cal. Do we have to regard this jeep as having a crew of his own or do 3 men out of the 20 have to man the .50cal?

Thanks in advance.

Louis
wolflord
wolflord

Wacht am Rhein - Breakthrough at Lanzerath - Armoured jeep crew? Empty Re: Wacht am Rhein - Breakthrough at Lanzerath - Armoured jeep crew?

Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:09 pm
After carefully reading the historical part i noticed that the Artillery observer team was 4 men strong when it joined the 18 men of Lt Bouck's I&R plaoon. Two acted as Observers, the other two men as ammo carriers and extra rifles. These two men are not included in the American force list, so we may safly assume that the Armoured Jeep has its own crew.

Greetings
Wolflord
Warwick
Warwick

Wacht am Rhein - Breakthrough at Lanzerath - Armoured jeep crew? Empty Re: Wacht am Rhein - Breakthrough at Lanzerath - Armoured jeep crew?

Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:24 am
In BG, it is assumed that vehicles have the crew they need to operate, they are not separate from the vehicle, cannot be targeted as such, etc. Vehicles can always fire, move etc if ordered to (and not pinned). In this case, it'll have a couple of men on it.

Louis17

Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:43 pm
Thanks guys!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum