Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Keithandor

Transports - driver ? Empty Transports - driver ?

Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:18 am
Hi
If I have a forward HQ with a kubelwagon , and they drive on the table , then get out of the Kubelwagon , do I park the Kubel wagon somewhere , hopefully out of LOS and in a safe spot ?

If the enemy come along and destroy my Kubelwagon , I take a Chit ?

Does the Kubelwagon come with a guy to drive it ? Can the Kubelwagon move if the 3 man command team have left the Kubelwagon behind ?
Wingfield-Haze

Transports - driver ? Empty Re: Transports - driver ?

Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:25 am
Hi, I would use 'Transports Withdraw' rule for that on Pg 20 hardback version of rules. Saves taking a chit.
Keithandor

Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:11 pm
OK thanks
I missed the bit about getting within 10" of a table edge and getting out of there.
NTM

Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:14 pm
Vehicles always have a driver with the exception of motorcycle and sidecar which cannot move when the passengers dismount
Colonel White

Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:44 am
So from the above make sure you hide your dismounted vehicle well !
Warwick
Warwick

Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:32 pm
All soft-skins (except motorcycles) are a chit... they are valuable to the battlegroup, even if not combat vehicles. Otherwise the battelgroup loses its mobility, and nobody likes walking ... the army is never happy to have its trucks blown-up! Keep them safe, or get them outta there! I speak form experience, have lost 5 Russian trucks to German tank MGs when I left them on the table and the panzers rolled up... and having lost 5 jeeps in one (flukey) FW-190 bombing running. Both cost me the game.
Fire at Will
http://www.willwarweb.blogspot.com

Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:48 am
Can you capture (rather than destroy) enemy vehicles? Recent reading on Market Garden indicated than the US airborne were desperate to capture German vehicle to enhance their mobility. I assume they must have had enough people who could drive. Would taking chits then be the same as objectives? So the Germans take one for the vehicle being captured and the US subsequently take one if it is destroyed (or recaptured)?
Powermonger
Powermonger
http://www.thewargamespot.com

Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:34 pm
There are no rules for capturing enemy assets. But you can design your own special scenarios where you can do that.
Gunbird
Gunbird

Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:14 pm
I've only ever used capturing vehicles in a campaign game a long long time ago...sort of. At the end of the battle the winner gets to roll a D6 for each shot up vehicle left on the battlefield to see what is salvageable. I think i made a cheat sheet for that, somewhere. You have better odds to salvage your own vehicles, compared to the enemies, but don't expect a lot for it. It was more of a reason to paint up some beute vehicles and to create more backstory for your army.
Colonel White

Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:15 am
I think it makes big sense if playing campaigns for making rules for captured equipment. I am thinking of the desert battles here as well where captured equipment was widely used by both sides. I am thinking of the poor Italians here as everyone seems to like using Italian trucks even the Dak .
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum