Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
talagarz

a quick question about multiple ambush orders Empty a quick question about multiple ambush orders

Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:48 am
Hello,

something came up last night and we were not sure if we handled it correct:

our opponent ordered something and we reacted with 2 units on ambush orders. Do you have to declare what each unit will do before executing the first unit? Or do you declare each unit one at a time as we did?

with regards

Jan Mels
Greystreak
Greystreak

a quick question about multiple ambush orders Empty Re: a quick question about multiple ambush orders

Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:38 am
We play that each 'reacting' unit (Ambush/Reserve) performs its Order one at a time.  We don't believe the game mechanisms were designed to support 'multiple unit' order activations of any kind, so we take them individually, in 'sequence'.
Piers
Piers
https://battlegroupwargame.forumotion.com

a quick question about multiple ambush orders Empty Re: a quick question about multiple ambush orders

Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:53 am
We nominate them one at a time as that's how's firing is conducted.

However we do tend to state what will activate in response to a unit if multiples, to save time and one unit not suffering a constant barrage of a player activating more and more till its dead.

This way it adds a little tension for the Ambusher as he has to decide how many to react with at the 'point of ambush'.
J Gregory

Wed May 02, 2018 6:56 am
To clarify, Piers, are you saying that if your opponent has multiple units on Ambush, he has to declare how many units will take their ambush attack before he resolves any of them?

For example, I have three units on Ambush that can react; I declare that two of these will use their Ambush orders and the third will stay on Ambush; I resolve Ambush Fire Unit#1, then Unit#2, then you perform your order. Have I got it right?
Piers
Piers
https://battlegroupwargame.forumotion.com

Wed May 02, 2018 8:25 am
That's how we do it, yes.

Makes the 'ambusher' think about what he wants to counter with.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum